1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does green tea help anyone else in a s*&^% mood?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dude00, Mar 10, 2012.

1. dude00

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, a few weeks ago, I decided to start drinking green tea on the reg. and I must say... I went from feeling like total shit, depressed all the time, to being happy for no reason! I was just happy to be happy!

I know that depression is a serious thing, and it actually causes physical damage to your brain, and I don't know if green tea is a "cure" as anti-depressants are however, I love the fact that I can drink 4 or 5 cups a day (I went out a bought a tea strainer for loose tea, which it makes it even more fun to drink xD) and be "high" on tea!

My depression sucks, and I have yet to master meditation .. or keep the focus (or allow it to) while working out, so I'm overly thrilled that this helps me.

2. Level75

Drinking that much tea makes my hands shake. Of course, I embellish it with things like condensed milk and tapioca balls.

Bubble tea FTW!

3. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tea of any kind helps me relax. Green, Black, White, Herbal, I love them all! I've been self-medicating my own depression problems with tea and chocolate for the past few months. Scientifically speaking I do notice a difference in my mood after I've had a cup of tea. Could it be psychosomatic? Sure, but it works and that's good enough for me. :slight_smile:

And with regard to your tea strainer: I love tea so much I have purchased many a snazzy tea-gadget - which only fuels my addiction - but I've yet to invest in one of these for myself. I plan to rectify this situation shortly.

In fact, I just finished some tea myself...

4. JRNagoya

As an avowed green tea lover (I even spent two semesters at college studying Japanese tea ceremony), I can testify that drinking green tea can have an amazing effect on the mind and body. In my most recent attempt at losing weight and eating healthier, I gave up coffee and sugar and switched to green tea and herbal teas only. I've been very happy with the results. I don't get the jittery sensation from coffee (or the ever increasing need to intake even more coffee, cream, and sugar), nor am I left awake at night not being able to sleep.

It also helps that my roommate loves tea, too (that, and his Japanese girlfriend works in a teashop and has brought home some really nice tea before). We have an entire kitchen cabinet dedicated to tea and various tea-straining devices. So go ahead. Drink up and feel good for doing so.

5. litt

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
  6. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep, it helps me a lot. :3

7. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a quarter Chinese and I drink a lot of jasmine tea and oolong tea. I'm on my second mug today. They help me relax quite a lot, especially when I'm feeling bad about stuff.

8. Aquilo

Drinking tea makes me happy too, with me taking the time to relax and just focus on the drinking of the tea helps : )

I love 'Sencha' (the most common Japanese tea) green tea (haven't found other Japanese tea's yet) and Moroccan tea, which is made from a mix of fresh mint with Gunpowder (Chinese) tea.

9. EmmettBlack

I only found out how amazing green tea was a few months ago, and it has had awesome effects on my mood and health in general - For the first week or so though I did forget that it still has caffine in it - and drank way too much of it before bed haha :S

10. Ilex P

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've never tried Green tea before, but I'm addicted to White tea, which I think might be the same as green considering that both of them are made with the same plant. And yes, it does help me to feel awesomely good :slight_smile:

I usually try to drink only 2 cups a day, but there are those days that I feel like the shitiest shit ever, and I end up making a third cup and that's my limit. Too much tea is not good for your body at all. I don't even know if this amount you drink is healthy. Just be careful.

11. TheAMan

Green tea really does help perk you up and get your mind right. I don't drink it all the time but it's a nice pick me up.

12. Timm

I love tea, and I feel like it helps me a great deal.
    Green tea, black tea, earl grey, it's all delicious.
    Except sleepytime. Blecch.