1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mothers day / Fathers day

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mimerio, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Mimerio

I would like to know what everyone thinks regarding Mother's Day and Father's day when there are homosexual couples involved

Do the parents share? or is there a mothers and fathers day even in LGBT Parenting

2. Jonathan

Hmm...interesting question. My opinion is that they would probably share the day because they are both his mothers/fathers.

3. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never thought about this, I would naturally just see it as both parents sharing the day. :slight_smile:

4. Mimerio

What I was told, I'm not sure if you will agree, but I was told that the one who acts more motherly / fatherly gets their respective day.

5. Alex94

Alex94 Guest

Wow, never thought about this.....

6. Friendly ghost

I don't see why this is confusing. I would just assume they would both share the same day, since they are a mom or dad, regardless of what the gender of their partner is. Its like the quesion gay couples always have to deal with, who's the man/women? For a lesbian/gay couple. Its annoying isn't it? So why would one have to play the other gender just so they get seperate days? If two days is unacceptable for someone maybe one partner can take pride day :slight_smile:

7. Atticus

Two of my older friends who are together and have kids split it up (I think. That was the impression I got anyway. I don't really talk very much about this sort of stuff with these two.) so that Russel gets Mother's Day and Shane gets Father's Day. I dunno. I think they should just have "You are our kids. You owe us." Day.

8. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I'd think it easiest to go by gender rather than role; two dads share Father's Day, two moms share Mother's Day. We'd need to move the apostrophe, though, so it becomes
    Mothers' Day and Fathers' Day, 'cause bad grammar makes me hate you.

Buuut... it's obviously up to the couple. If one parent sees himself as the child's mother, then why shouldn't he celebrate Mother's Day? Same if she sees herself as the father figure, celebrating on Father's Day.