1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brand new Brene Brown video on courage and its relationship to vulnerability

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Chip, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The new TED Talk by social worker and shame and vulnerability researcher Brene Brown was just posted today, and already has almost 200,000 views.

This is a really valuable video that *anyone* can benefit from watching, but I think it speaks particularly to LGBT audiences because of the difficulties so many of us face in owning ourselves and who we are fully.

In this video, she expands on her research into vulnerability and how it is completely different from weakness, and must exist at the core of innovation and creation. She talks about the differences between men and women in their experience of shame, and how we can "walk into" our shame with the intent of letting go of it to allow us to lead more fulfilling and whole lives.

And... she includes plenty of her self-deprecating humor.

This is her first presentation for the "real" TED event, the big one organized by TED itself. Definitely worth watching.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for posting this. Watched her TED talk, and found it to be pretty good. It definitely builds on her previous talks but I wish she would have talked more about the differences between men and women, and dwelt deeper into vulnerability.

I find that her book The Gifts of Imperfection does a good job though in fleshing out a lot of the ideas/issues she addresses in her TED talks.