1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exercise

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BajanBoy13, Mar 19, 2012.

1. BajanBoy13

If I jog for 1 hour 2 times a week will that burn pec fat?

2. Emberstone

spot reduction of fat is not possible with excercise. when your body burns fat, it burns fat from over your body.

I would recommend instead of doing 1 hour 2 times a week that you consider doing 30-45 minutes, three times a week.

When you get into a cardio/aerobic state, your metabolisem increases, which burns the fat, and this carries over for hours, and even a day or two after you finish working out. if you do 3 smaller workouts every other day, it helps keep your body in that metabolic state with less risk of overtraining, which can limit your ability to burn fat.

Also, muscle mass helps speed up your metabolism, so consider also weight training. the general thumb is 5 days of activity a week, with 3 of them being cardio.

3. BajanBoy13

I usually do weight training but have to get back into it. So your saying jogging will lower your overall body fat?

4. Emberstone

over time, yes. but to get rid of fat in the pec area, you just have to work to lose it everywhere. even just working the specific area, such as doing crunches for abs, or something, still will only burn fat overall.

Jogging is a okay way to do it, though if you have access to a gym, I would recommend useing cardio equipment. The main reasons why is that most equipment, such as ellipticals and treadmills, can track time, distance, and heartrate, and help you find and stay in a good zone for either cardio, or fat burning. It may be a little more boring than going on a run, but you can get a good sense for how your doing from the equipment that you can only really estimate for running.

Also, ellipticals can give you really great workouts while being less hard on your joints. treadmills and running are high impact excercises.

5. BajanBoy13