1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guess who's getting therapy?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Olive, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Olive

THIS GIRL! My mom dropped a bombshell on me today when she told me one of our friends(A doctor) had given us a recommendation for a therapist and that she'd schedule leman appointment tomorrow. I'm so excited, no, ecstatic that the day I've been waiting a year is finally on it's way.

He isn't a specialty therapist, just a general therapist, but if he's genuine and passes the 20 questions, I don't care. If he legitimately wants to help me, that's all the criteria he needs to meet. His name is Dr. Michael Maher, and practices in Burlington, Iowa. I can't find anything for him on Google, just a Michael Maher is Burlington, Vermont. Has anyone heard anything about Dr. Maher that would affect me?

2. Emberstone

is this to get the clearance for surgery?

If so, congrads!!!. If not, than please ignore me.

3. Olive

Well, clearance for hormones. And surgery, I suppose. And thanks =D I'm in such a great mood that nothing can ruin it!

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's awesome!! I hope that everything works out for you!!

5. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

That's a HUGE step! Congrats! :slight_smile:

I wasn't able to find anything about him, but is there a trans support group around your area or an LGBT center? I do know that the trans community will usually "pick" one or two people that are really good and understanding so they might be able to help you out with picking someone to work with.

6. Olive

Sadly, the only Transgender center is in Des Moines, a good Three-and-a-half hours away. But I'm gonna call them and see if try have had any experiences with Dr. Maher and see what they say.

7. Olive

April 23rd at 4:00! And now I have plans to graduate early, too! My life turned a complete 360 overnight. Literally. Damn.

8. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats! I love the positive energy! Good luck good luck good luck!!! =D

9. Olive

My mom made an appointment with the wrong guy! So it's no longer April 23rd with Michael Maher, it's May 9th with Michael Pierce! Apparently he actually has experience with transgender people, so I feel a bit better about this guy. And he's not in town, so I get to drive 35 minutes to see him. But that's not really a bad thing, as I love driving and I'm just more comfortable with someone out of town.

I'm making progress at home, too. I finally have a mental image of what I'd look like with long hair, the right clothes, etc., and I love it. I'll look damn near identical to my little sister, though!