1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twloha

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TraceElement, Mar 21, 2012.

1. TraceElement

TWLOHA... to write love on her arms. Their mission statement is "To Write Love on Her Arms is a non-profit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury and suicide. TWLOHA exists to encourage, inform, inspire and also to invest directly into treatment and recovery."

I am a huge fan of this organization and movement. Throughout my life, I have struggled with self-worth, and accepting myself for who I truly am. I have cut, am battling depression, and have contimplated suicide several times. I would drink to excess. I am battling demons in my head that tell me that I will never be good enough, that I don't deserve friends or family, that no one cares about me.
    The reason I like this organization is I feel like I am not alone with my struggles, and I have another place to turn when I start to slide back into bad habits. It reminds me that I WILL have freedom from my addictions, that I CAN put down the razor blade and bottle of beer for good and I WILL get better. My life may be broken into a million pieces, but TWLOHA reminds me that those million pieces can be put together. There is hope. It may not seem like an achievement, but it's a miracle each day I am alive. After all, life IS worth fighting for. I recently bought some TWLOHA items, as a reminder that I am not alone in my struggles.

Their website is To Write Love on Her Arms > Home. If there is ONE thing to come out of this, I hope this organization can change even ONE person's outlook on life, and they will seek help, and find hope.

2. castle walls

I love this organization and I wear one of their shirts pretty often

Thanks for sharing TraceElement! I'm glad that you have such a positive attitude and never give up the fight!

3. TraceElement

:icon_bigg Thank you. It has been a rough road, getting myself back on track and to remember life IS worth fighting for. It is though, a journey that will help me make a lifetime of memories.

4. Tiny Catastrophe

I heard about TWLOHA before they got really famous. They're amazing. I have "Love" tattooed on both of my wrists for it.