1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a weird question...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BajanBoy13, Mar 22, 2012.

1. BajanBoy13

My question is well are all gay guys feminine i know this sounds dumb but all the gay people at my school are quite feminine and that's not really me.

So are there gay guys that are more like manly? (if u get what i mean) because all that u see on TV is kinda like a stereotype.

I guess what im asking is are all gay guys feminine?

2. stupidIvan

No, they're not. I'm not a gay guy and I know that!

Being gay doesn't "make" you a way. The guys at your school choose to act that way, but that behavior isn't universal.

If you're gay, you're gay. That's it.

3. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Huh, a lot of questions on this lately...(see: http://emptyclosets.com/forum/chit-chat/59494-gays-feminity.html).

In short - No, not at all. It's a very, very overblown stereotype. In fact, I would suggest that gay guys actually fitting the stereotype are in the minority.

#3 Browncoat, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  4. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No. It's all stereotypes. I'm lesbian, and my friends say I "act straight." (I've yet to figure out what that's supposed to mean :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)
    It can apply to all gays. Not all gays "act gay." There's no way to act like a certain sexuality. :3
    Being gay means you are attracted to the same sex. Not you act feminine. ^^

5. BajanBoy13

Thanks this helps alot

6. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

You answered your own question. You are gay and you aren't feminine, so not all gay guys are feminine :slight_smile:

The majority of gay people that I have met are not the stereotype that you meet on TV (and there is nothing wrong with that either) so I can assure you that there is a bigger LGBT community out there than what is presented on TV.

One of the thing about gay people is that most, after accepting themselves, don't care about seeming feminine or not. They just are who they are and express the way they want. Some are more feminine than others, but they aren't feminine because they are gay.

Just to give you some examples of gay guys who are more in the "masculine" side. There is many more out there, but here is a few:

- Sir Ian McKellen is an English actor (Gandalf and Magneto)
    [​IMG]

- John Amaechi first former NBA player to come out publicly
    [​IMG]

- Staff Sergeant Eric Alva was the first Marine seriously injured in the Iraq War.
    [​IMG]

- Esera Tuaolo a retired American professional football player.
    [​IMG]

- Thomas Roberts - news anchor
    [​IMG]

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gay guys are more likely to be feminine.
    Feminine guys are more likely to be gay.
    But neither is anything close to an absolute.

The thing about effeminate gay guys is - there's not much reason for them to stay in the closet. Why should they? Probably nobody would believe them, anyway. :slight_smile: So they just say "screw it" and come out. And since they're the first ones to come out, it's easy to think that they're the only ones. Nope. There are probably others at your school, in the same position as you - gay and closeted. But since they're not effeminate, you can't tell that they're gay.

Lex