1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You Look Just Like That Guy... You Know, From That Show...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Black Cat, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was watching Community on NBC a few hours ago, and this weeks episode had several celebrity look-alikes attending a Bar Mitzvah, which set me to thinking: Have any of you ever been told you look just like So-And-So from Such-And-Such? Do you think you look like someone famous (or to a lesser extent - infamous, as that counts too)?

And I'll throw in a 3rd question, just for funzies. If your life were to be made into a major motion picture, who would play the titular role and why?

Just curious. :slight_smile: Thought it would be a fun topic.

2. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No one has ever said I looked like someone famous or infamous. Aww.
    But fun question.

I would play me! Seeing as I'm an actor and all, that would be neat, or interesting.

3. FJ Cruiser

I've gotten Chris Pine and Robert Sean Leonard the most. I think they're being far too nice.

4. TheDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, I've been told by many people that I look like Joe Jonas. And it's not that I don't like him, but I just don't see it. Once when I was in highschool, a younger girl told her friends, as I was passing by, that I looked like Joe and she shouted his name to me. It was weird :slight_smile:.

5. nicecoolguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes I have been told that, and unfortunately I wasn't pleased. Not that they were saying I was ugly, but I didn't find the people mentioned to be attractive, so yeah :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In Grade 9 this girl a grade above me rushed me thinking I was the singer Billy Gilman, and even after knowing I wasn't she still did it. Please note I think he's about ten times hotter than I am NOW and only a month younger...holy f**k did he age well: Billy Gilman Official Website

2. Look like someone famous? No but it doesn't matter because I want to make a name for myself, not be known as "the kid who looks like so and so"

3. I know it's a bit of a cop out but honestly if a movie was being made about me? I'd want to play it. Partly because I'm an actor myself but more importantly, NO ONE knows how to really act like me. I know that probably sounds cocky or silly or w/e, but honestly it's the truth.

7. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, I'm sure there's probably a hobbit cast extra from the LOTR movies that I resemble :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

8. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never been told I resemble anyone famous. I used to have an odd resemblance to one of the guys from Evermore, which was kind of confusing xD

9. Seraph

My friends said I reminded them of "Teddy" from Hangover 2, and there was one girl goes "OMG Did you lose your thumb? Lemme see your hand *pulls my hand and LOL*"

10. fatalmoon91

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    normally i would love a thread like this, but today it's almost cruel. you just reminded me that every time i shave my professor tells me i look like justin bieber >> and I just shaved...also i don't see it, and that could very well be that i just find the kid annoying on for almost no reason.

11. ultrabluecheese

Unfortunately, the Asian-American community isn't substantially represented in American media/television/cinema, but even if I was to ignore that fact, I've never been told that I resemble any famous actor at all--not even ones from Asia.

In regards to your second question, I don't know who can possibly play me in a movie other than myself! I'm not an actor by any means, but I'm sure I can do a better job than the "premiere" actors we have now. Also, partially because the film industry may as well end up white-washing me.

12. TriCube

I've been told once that I look like Demetri Martin, but I don't see it at all. It made me feel good though because he's kind of awesome. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. stupidIvan

I have actually. Just some guy from some "geek chic" sitcom I'd never heard of. Oh well! :::: P

14. chrisb

I've been told i look like alot of different people over the years.....

When i had facial hair....
    [​IMG]

When i was young....
    [​IMG]

And some guy from a Rock Band i can never remember the name of when i had long hair....

15. RemyLeBeau

RemyLeBeau Guest

When I was younger, people said I was a spot-on Lindsey Lohan back when she was cute and innocent. I never saw a resemblance.

As for now, I don't think I look like anyone but me and occasionally my parents and grandparents since I've picked up some of their traits and facial expressions.

16. Auphiel

Michael Stipe circa 1990. I think alot of people look like him though. Don't hear it so much anymore.

I would love it if Scott Thompson played me. His ability to be stunningly serious, bland and ordinary, totally goofy, and wildly erotic all at once would work fine.

#16 Auphiel, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  17. simon94

I get this a lot with varying accuracy.

I've been told I look like Rupert Grint (purely because I'm ginger, there is genuinely no resemblance) and I've been told the way I act reminds people of Sheldon from big bang theory and Sherlock (the Benedict Cumberbatch one). And I get 'you remind me of the gay one from...' sometimes- again purely because I'm a little camp.

Overall not the most complimentary bunch :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Film version of me? Erm... Morgan Freeman. Wouldn't be an accurate retelling, but would be pretty damn awesome.

18. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sometimes told I look like Miley Cyrus, which I don't understand myself. I don't think I look like her. I mean, we have the same hair color, both long, a few of the same facial features... but I just don't see it.

I'm not sure who I look like... Maybe an auburn-haired brown-eyed version of Zooey Deschanel? (who, ironically, is my idol, she's so beautiful :3)

As for the role... I'm not really sure because I don't pay much attention to actors. :icon_redf Probably me, because no one else knows how to act exactly like me. :3

19. JRNagoya

My mom for awhile was saying I reminded her of Lady Antebellum's Dave Haywood. I never thought much of it until I was working a function and an old lady came up to me and asked if I was him. It's been ten years since my hair was as shaggy as his is so I have no idea where they're getting the comparison. Wishful thinking I suppose.

20. Fusileer

Fusileer Guest

I've been told that I look like Inuyasha.

Yes, the anime character. I don't know if I should be pleased or insulted.