1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you take it?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by epsylon427, Mar 24, 2012.

1. epsylon427

England yeah that cloud covered rock by Europe
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I hope that this isnt inappropiate for a forum like this but if there was like a special pill or injection that made you straight (or make you content with your gender if your transgender) would you take it and live life as a straight person? also if you have a boy/girlfriend answer as if they didnt exist.

Don't sue me but i would probably take it.

2. BudderMC

There was another thread on this a couple months ago... I think the question largely depends on the context you're outlining. Is it that you magically become straight tomorrow, but remember everything from the past? Or is it that you would have it be as if you were always 'straight' and not remember everything?

I'm not really happy or unhappy with being gay. But I think through coming out and self-acceptance I have a much greater sense of self than most straight people could claim. I also think I've become a much stronger person because of it (as well as a plethora of other positive things).

If I lost those traits that make me me, I'd be unhappy and wouldn't take it. Even then, being the oppressed minority has it's advantages, to be honest.

3. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh no, it's not inappropriate at all - it's been asked many times :slight_smile:.

Honestly, once you get past fully coming out and learning to accept your sexuality, I don't see how being gay is too much different than being straight. So, I mean - no, I guess? Maybe if I had a girl friend whom I thought was my soul mate? Otherwise, I don't see the point.

If you had a pill to not be confused about my sexual orientation, though (since I seem to be in some odd middle ground between gay and bi...), I would totally dole out some money for it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

4. epsylon427

England yeah that cloud covered rock by Europe
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah the pill or injection or whatever would make you straight in a like a few minutes and the only thing that would change about you is your sexuality

P.S I'm ok with being gay but being striaght i wouldnt be a minority and it would make certain things easier (i.e: having to come out of the closet)

5. pancake111

I wouldn't. A few years ago I would have without a second thought. But now, I'm much much more comfortable with being gay. Women take my breath away, and I wouldn't trade that for anything.

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would not take it. I have become comfortable with who I am. If this would have been asked to me the beginning of last year (2011) I would have said yes. But time has helped make me more comfortable.

7. Nero

id probably would have said yes before i found support from EC but now i dont think so

8. DegrassiLover10

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been asked this before, it's fine. :slight_smile: I actually wouldn't. I know it would probably make things a lot less complicated but that's what makes life fun. :grin:

9. starfish

Assuming that the effect would be temporary and if it was relativity safe, sure why the hell not.

10. secretguyX

I don't really know. I would prefer to be bisexual over gay or straight. I don't really mind coming out anymore. And honestly, I desperately want to like guys too (for the most part I don't right now). I'm completely comfortable and fine with who I am now. I just want to know what it feels like a really love a guy. And I'll never have any chance of that being gay. But for some reason I kind of like having feelings for girls too, and I wouldn't just want to get rid of them.

11. colorful

Agreed. :slight_smile:

I'm cool with being... not straight and I'm cool with not knowing exactly what I am and just living life, but if there was a pill that just made all of this mess clear to me then I would take it.

I wouldn't take the ungay pill though. I feel like love isn't something that should be messed with, you know? Like have you ever read The Giver where they make them take a pill so they don't fall in love? That just sounds awful. D:

12. cassiem

Yeah, i would. I'm ashamed to say it, but being bi is so bloody hard. We get flak from the straight community AND the LGBT community.

13. IanGallagher

I answered this one before. Sadly, I'd say yes. I mean my av pick is there for a reason. Beast was always the first one to take it. Gay guys hate me for liking girls. Straight girls hate me for liking guys. I'd just... I guess for once I'd like to be "pure" something other than risk both sides throwing me aside because I'll also be interested in the other with them. So, despite how much I want to say I won't - I accept who I am but the world doesn't (gay guys, the world is obviously warming up to. but bi guys? we're still your mythological three-headed giant) - so, I'd be the first in line to test it to see if it works. "Mutations" may become deemed as beautiful, but my "big feet" never will or at least not for a really long time. I'm proud of surviving, of who I am, but when there's a majority of the world that doesn't think guys like me even exist?... I'd risk anything to be pure instead of two walls closing in on me.

#13 IanGallagher, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  14. amwm2wm3

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, I wouldn't. Even though I'm with a man and I'm more or less leading a heterosexual lifestyle (for lack of a better way to put it), I wouldn't. I've gone through too much, lost too much, and gained too much. I honestly don't know what I'd do with myself if I lost my queer identity.
    And unless this magical injection made me lose my memories, then I don't think it would matter in any case. Even though I'm with a man now, I'm still very well aware of the indecision and questioning, coming to terms with who I was/am, and the prejudice and discrimination I've faced because of it.
    Like my signature says, there's nothing to cure.

#14 amwm2wm3, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  15. kellymporta

I would take it, that way I wouldn't have to worry about how to come out to my family.

16. Loras

i thought about this when i was coming out, and decided if there was i wouldnt take it. Even though i was so confused, i still wouldnt take it because you wouldnt know yourself or be truly you.

17. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Can't say I would. Really, I have had some fears about how I would be accepted before I came out, but even then I don't think I would have taken it.

But that's with regards to orientation. With regards to my psychological gender not quite fitting my physical gender, I might consider taking the pill just to make life easier. If it's just one pill, anyways. If it's a series of pills, probably not. If it's an injection, absolutely not (scared of needles). The problem is though, it would kind of feel like I'm taking medicine just to remove a part of me, and I'm not sure I'd like being someone I know I'm not meant to be. So I might refuse, even if it meant spending the rest of my life putting up with other people's crap. Hard to say, really.

18. Mobiusponder

Probably, yes. It would remove parts of me, and I don't want that, but ... anything that would stop the not knowing and make knowing happen. Half the time I feel like I'm living this ridiculous fraud that I'm just doing to play with the minds of people around me, and the other half of the time I feel like I should be cutting parts of my body off or something.
    What can I say. Desperation. >.>
    I'm assuming this is a single injection/pill/etc., too.

19. fatalmoon91

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    nah i wouldn't i feel like if i was straight i wouldn't be as free as i am...and thus i would have far less fun with my life ^^

20. kem

kem

No. I love what I am. Simpleasthat.