1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any tips for a newbie? (Tumblr)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DarkClarity, Mar 25, 2012.

1. DarkClarity

I've just recently created a tumblr account and I was wondering anyone could offer some tips on how attract followers, meet people or on how to develop the blog?

2. Mobiusponder

-Write a bunch.
    -Write well. [Or try. Or pictures.]
    -Tag posts.
    -Link everywhere [well, not here].
    -Follow people. They'll follow you back.

3. Valeyard

There's no real recipe for getting followers. I have about thirty, and I don't know why half of them are following me. I suggest showing your interests, follow some fan blogs, and just blog. People will eventually follow.

4. Naren

I have a tumblr for my poetry, I just get random followers for no real reason. It builds up as it goes along. Just have fun and be yourself, and it'll be great :grin:

5. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I got some followers in my early days by submitting to submission-based blogs like The Unpopular Opinions, F Yeah English Major Amadillo (I think I was an English major in a past life), Interovert Problems, and an Anxiety Cat blog, and including my blog's URL in the description of the picture I submitted. So one thing I'd advise is to find submission-based blogs you like and submit to them. Also, find out if your friends have Tumblr blogs, and if you like their blog, follow them. That'll help you with discovering new blogs.

6. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Another tip I can give is to actually talk to your followers. It doesn't have to be through those "send me a number and I will answer the corresponding question" things (I find those annoying, honestly). Just start a conversation; they will be more likely to stay your follower if they know you.

Also, don't publish EVERY ask you get. It just clogs up dashes and makes nobody happy.

7. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

You must get way more asks than I do. I would say just know the difference between an ask that's better answered privately and an ask that's fit to publish your answer to.