1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does It Really Get Better - Quotes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Revan, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey so as you guys may recall we've been talking in the LGBT Rights forum with regards to how the It Gets Better Project may not be as wonderful as we'd like and I would love to hear some peoples opinions that I could use for my feature story for my class. Everyone would be known simply by their username or anonymous, I just would like to get some quotes to use from everyday people (no insult meant), so let me know your thoughts if you're up for it. Or what you LIKE about the project. Or both :slight_smile:

Thanks guys and gals :slight_smile:

2. BudderMC

Wait, so what are we commenting on, whether it really gets better, or whether "It Gets Better" is a good thing?

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A bit of both really.

4. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know if it really does "get better", but once you come out you certainly become more aware and able to accept and deal with things like bullying and differences between individuals. That is what makes it seem better - that change in perspective that allows you to see things differently.

With regard to the It Gets Better Project, I do feel that it is important to inform and comfort the youth of any minority who are dealing with issues like bullying. When you're going through something as traumatic as high/middle school, sometimes what you need to hear is that things will get better once you leave it behind.

5. jacob07

jacob07 Guest

I think it does get better.

6. It all depends where you live. In Iran, fuck it. In a more tolerant place, there's hope. I go to a conservative Catholic boys school - Not coming out here, now. It is very important to spread the idea of tolerance though. Generally, I would think, it gets better later in life, when you're not living in a popularity contest known as high school

7. TheAMan

I think it only gets better if you come out to the right people. If you come out to the wrong people, there's defintely nothing good about that at all.

8. Fusileer

Fusileer Guest

It gets better, sure. Just not for me.