1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a little assistance

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by b0i70y, Mar 26, 2012.

1. b0i70y

Hey, I'm writing a paper for College Eng 2, I was hoping you all could help.

The paper is about Sexuality and how it's affected by both nature and nurture.

I'd love to hear some stories about how you guys found out about your sexuality, how old you were, if there were any triggers, etc.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. ^^

2. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I actually didn't "find out," so much as I realized I was different/that the things I was saying and thinking were different from the supposed "norm."

For instance, I recall being around 8 or so when I'd always be talking with my mom and sister about how cute/attractive "such and such" male celebrities were. Eventually I realized through school that that was "gay" and wasn't "normal"...so I shut it down and repressed it until I realized I couldn't just shut it off by refusing to acknowledge it.

I would be hard pressed to trace any "nurture" type of moment, other than the fact that my parents tried to raise my sister and I without any preconceptions in "how things are supposed to be," be that with religion, relationships, world views, gender - etc. And if anything, that would lead me to believe that I was being quite "natural" with my, well, not sexual orientation, but the male figures I was openly "interested" in. If anything, the "nurture" part was my peers, in effect, forcing me to shut off those thoughts.

#2 Browncoat, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  3. ameliawesome

i always thought i was just a sort of weirdo, haha. i never had crushes on boys like other girls did, and i really wanted to see my childhood best friend naked (she was a girl, and i know that sounds super creepy coming from me as an adult, but i'm saying that as me age 3-14). as for nurture, my family is very close and i've always felt loved and i've never felt at all worried about familial bigotry. it's silly but the only reason i'm not out to my family is because i don't want to create any awkward situations.