1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My NYE

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by greg, Jan 2, 2008.

1. greg

First up happy new year to all:-
    Rob (a friend) and I went to the Peel (Hotel in Melb.) had a great time. My son (16) went into melb to see the fireworks, I had organised that if he and his mate wanted a lift home to ring me and to be at the peel by 2am (the time rob and i had planned to leave). My son james and friend turned up at 1.30 and rang me so i met them out side, both were drunk (i not impressed) both of them said that they wanted to come in (both underage) however i allowed them in (it was a good opportunity for james to understand that gay people or just normal people like him) so i let him and his mate in, at least i could controll him and it was safer then he being outside in public drunk and i made them both drink water. He and his mate had the time of their lives they danced, talked to other guys and was overheard to say to one guy that his father is gay and he's cool. I was rapt, even though i allowed him to go into the hotel illegally the benifit to him and i is worth more then anything, it allowed us the chance to talk about being a gay man since i came out over 18 months ago. We are now closer then we have been in ages, he behaved himself and also saw people that could have a great time without getting smashed, he did say he wants to go back when he is 18 (the legal age) so that ended up being the best xmas present for me. greg

2. Micah

Heyy I nearly ended up at Peel ;p

But its great that your son is so accepting and even thinks you're cool :wink: haha!

3. CelebrityHead

That's really cool, Greg!

I'm really happy for you and your son. God, the place must've been busy on NYE!

4. Jim1454

Hi Greg! Great to hear from you again - it has been a while.

Glad you had a good evening, and that your son came to understand you a little better! That's great!

5. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's really cool that it went so well and that you talked openly with your son and the 2 of you are now closer!! (!)