1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let us embark on this not-so-amazing-or-excting adventure! xD

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LimePopsicle, Mar 26, 2012.

1. LimePopsicle

LimePopsicle Guest

So…not sure how I should do this thing. It’s sad how my social awkwardness follows me to the Internet. Honestly, I ramble in whatever situation I’m in. Even in journals! It’s kind of pathetic sometimes… But let us move on to exciting (not really, it’s a trap) adventures through the use of words!

It has recently been decided by the Council of People - me, myself, and I - that coming out about my gender status should be put off to a much later date. The CP is thinking years later. Like when I’m moved out and settled later. Luckily, I’m turning 16 this year (not able to drive yet *sigh*)! I don’t really know how that has anything to do with anything, but…yeah. Just felt like sharing.

Mhmm, well, I’m starting to have problems with this because of recent developments. No, nothing at the base has changed. I’m just getting anxious. My mom was washing dishes and I just brought up that a woman was kicked out of the Miss Universe thing because she wasn’t born a woman. (It was a really smooth way to bring up the whole gender thing xD). I then proceeded to ask her what she would do if my youngest brother told her he was a girl. Like I would use myself…it would be insane!

“I would tell him he’s wrong because I know what he was born as. He is not a girl.” Was what she said.

I almost laughed for some reason. It was an odd reaction to have. But that was how I brought up the idea of being trans____ to my mom in the smoothest LimePopsicle way imaginable. Needless to say, she reacted as I thought. She doesn’t really support my orientation, what makes me think she’ll be any different about my gender? And yet, I still want to tell her Well, no, just someone who will take me seriously. I ended up telling a few friends (4) about the gender situation. They don’t take me seriously at all. They just say that I’m a girl because I’m not very boyish. Why the heck would I be ME when I’m trying to hide that?! Their logic is astounding. (Pull out the Vulcan ears).

And that, my dear friends, is the not-so-exciting adventure going on right now. Granted, there is more, but some will be put anonymously for the content and stuff like that.

2. BajanBoy13

Chaaa sounds harsh. If you think that your own parents aren't going to support you then why tell them? That's basically all i have to say:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like you, you're interesting. Sorry to hear of your troubles, my dad just said bisexuals are screwed up in the head, first time I'd heard one of my parents directly talk about bisexuality. I don't know what your friends are talking about, I got the inpression you were male as I was reading even though you don't have your gender listed. Weird.
    Happy early 16th, I wish I could have stayed 16 forever. I still only have my permit though.. -_- (Driving is scary!)
    So anyway, I'm not sure what the best thing to do would be. I don't know your mom personally. If you told her your orientation, even though she didn't accept it, maybe you could tell her your gender. As long as she isn't abusive or anything extreme like that. Then if she doesn't believe you now, it'll be more likely that she'll come to an understanding in the future when you are still saying you're trans. Maybe.
    If your friends are cool I would try explaining it to them a little more, it sounds like they are just uneducated. I thought along the lines of your mother, as in you are as you are born, when I was younger. Transphobia, I know. Sorry. But sometimes people just need a little education and exposure to understand things. Good luck. <3

That should be a signature.

4. LimePopsicle

LimePopsicle Guest

This quote thing is pretty cool...anyways! First off, thank you for the interesting comment. It made my day better :grin:. Oh, nothing to be sorry about! I see it as a challenge. It'll help me in my journey called Life. So, I'm grateful for it. My mom says that bisexuals are the worst. She only says that because she thinks they have a relationship with a girl AND boy at the same time. Uneducated.

They say that because I'm not very...me in real life. Because I only showed them the person I have to play in order to stay under the radar and avoid suspicion, they assume that I have no idea what I'm talking about :slight_smile:eusa_doh:slight_smile: and am 100% girl. And that may make sense...in some way.

The thing is, I think she'd take the whole gender thing much worse than the orientation thing. I'm her only "daughter." She likes having a girl. She wants to do girly things - even though I never do those things she likes. Maybe it'll be easier in the future, but I don't think I'll tell her yet. In the future when everything is more solidified. I keep getting this feeling that the time to tell isn't NOW. And I'll try to help my friends better understand if the gender thing ever comes up again, other than that, I'll just leave it. But I may have to do it sooner because it's starting to get to me a little how they keep using these female terms for me. Thanks for the luck!

This is so long, I apologize. But...signature! Yeah, I think I'll do that now :lol:

5. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha, yay! (@making your day better lol)
    Yeah, I think you're going to have to educate your mom on all of this someday. But only when you're ready. If you feel like it's not the time to tell her, then it probably isn't.
    There are other people here who could give you better advice than I on this issue, so if you ever want to feel free to use the support and advice part of the forum.
    The general advice is safety first, you don't owe it to anyone to tell them if they are going to harass or attack you over it.

Have you tried explaining the situation to your friends? That you do have to dress and act feminine because you aren't out?
    They might just come around if they are really good friends. :slight_smile:

No problem with long posts, but yay for your new siggy, hehe.

#5 The Escapist, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  6. Naren

I recently had a similar discussion with my friend. I came out to her, and she was like "No. You're a guy. And you're going to stay that way. I haven't come this far to find out you're a completely different person." She was making it out that I lied to her or something. I hope that's not normal, haha. And I agree completely with CharlesCooper97.

#6 Naren, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  7. LimePopsicle

LimePopsicle Guest

I have to say, CharlesCooper97 is right. They don't really need to, I just don't like having to play this female part everyday.

@Naren: That's how most of my friends responded xD