1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ArcherySet, Mar 29, 2012.

1. ArcherySet

ArcherySet Guest

... video chat website... WOW!

I've found myself on a certain video chat website (named after a particular game of chance) a few times, and its been rather eye opening to the types of people that exist in the world. There are so many angry, hate-filled, sad people. Its hard to imagine why this site has become popular.

On average I search through 100 'people' before I log off. After several visits, I can honestly say I have never seen a worse cyber toilet. Ever. Its like when you read a horrid comment on youtube, and wonder how that person exists day to day, or what they would look like? You can see them live on (this website of which I cannot name here). In approximately 300 people, 50% of them are men masturbating, and for the brief moments they are visible to me I can read their taglines, and it is usually sharing some fetish, most frequent, girls feet.

Of the other approx 150 'faces', some of them are women, some of them are men. I state clearly that I am gay to avoid confusion, and entice curious chatters. I am clothed, smiling and open to chatting. The men, more often than not react with utter disgust. I've been called a fag about 20 times, or given the finger by some pubescent little sack of crap who then tells me I must be attracted to him. White American males were the majority of the aggressors, with foreigners generally looking apathetic or confused.

A few girls have chuckled at the realization of my sexuality. I've seen 1 eight year old boy that should not have been on the site at all, curiously staring at me, and at least 3 people having sex with animals. A few religious nuts have condemned me to Hell, and there has been a huge sea of apathy from the other blank faced staring masses. I had 2 brief conversations with handsome, good mannered men. The rest of the time, I was just wading through filth.

"Well people on the Internet are more often than not the worst kind" or "certain websites attract certain types of people" are statements I sometimes hear, but in reality, its these people that comprise all websites. I can't imagine why any of us would even want to be accepted by these sad, sad, peers.

I guess the point of my thread is that, people, are really messed up... but I have to ask what's the appeal of this website? I can assure you after discussing it here, I will not be returning to it. However I am curious to hear your opinions on the site, and the attitudes of the general populace of Internet people that chat there, and show their worst sides. Is it safe to say that these attitudes are shared by their friends, family and non Internet contact?. Like minded people share ideas. I think its a safe bet to say that the sad reality that these people have like minded friends is very reasonable.

#1 ArcherySet, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2012
  2. Ridiculous

Who knows, but the more crazies we can keep locked up there rather than having them running amok on other sites, the better :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

That's not true. EC is an obvious example where it isn't the case, and I don't frequent any other sites that have that kind of audience either.

3. I've been through a website like that before, and truth be told, I was looking for good-looking people.

4. PianoNate

**wonders about the links to animal sex** j/k!! :roflmao:

5. Cascade

That site isn't considered all that serious. It's mainly used for trolling which likely is why you got the reactions you did when you said you were gay. Very little is real on those chat sites; video can be manipulated, personalities change with each new person, etc. If you're looking for a site to talk with random people, that isn't it.

6. ArcherySet

ArcherySet Guest

So is trolling now some sort of activity people participate in? I thought it was merely flaming people in chat rooms/forums?

7. adam88

Ann Coulter's taken up trolling as a profession and seems to make quite a bit of money from it.

#7 adam88, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  8. Cascade

Some people do troll for fun, and generally it's those kinds of anonymous sites where they can do it without repercussions. Generally the rest of the internet is more accomadating.

9. ArcherySet

ArcherySet Guest

I loathe that She-Demon. She is The Devil who wears Prada.

10. ThatCoopKid

The appeal for that particular site (I've heard of it before but never been on it) is for sex. It's for a bunch of horny guys and girls to sit around and try to find someone to get their rocks off with on cam. If you're not what they consider to be hot, they destroy you. If you're looking for decent conversation, they destroy you. If you're gay, then they destroy you. It's a no win situation on those types of sites unless you're looking for the exact same thing they are.

11. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That site eventually devolved to what you experienced. It's a site that had a very short period of popularity before it went downhill and become nothing but a pool of misfortune. That's why.