1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friendzone?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JaeScheisse, Mar 29, 2012.

1. JaeScheisse

Out Status:
    A few people
    What's your opinion of it..? I don't have my own but my stomach curdles at the thought that I might not have a shot with my crush because of it.. :confused:

2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

The "friendzone" sucks, but it's just part of the reality of dating (regardless of whom you date). Not everyone whom you're interested in is going to be interested in you; that's just life. The sun will rise and set each day, putting your hand on a hot burner will hurt like hell, and some people whom you're interested in won't be interested in you. That's why getting obsessed over one person isn't a good way to get a boyfriend/girlfriend. The odds of any one particular person being interested in you are spectacularly small. That's why you need to get out there, make friends, get to know people, and play the field before you'll find someone you like who also likes you.

That's not to say that I think you should ignore your crushes. By all means, if you have a crush on someone, do something about it. Instead of spending your time admiring them from afar or from the safe distance of friendship (whatever the case may be), get to know them as a friend, get in familiar territory so you aren't strangers, then make your intentions clear. Face your fate and ask, in so many words, "I really like spending time with you. Would you like to go on a date some time?" And if they say no, you can still be their friend, but you'll know for sure that your romantic pursuits will be more fruitful elsewhere and you can move on and start looking elsewhere.

3. nicecoolguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's one thing to just be good friends with someone, but when you and that person are obviously compatible, get along extremely well, and have an uncanny amount in common, it seems to me like it shouldn't be too tough to get out of the zone. Unfortunately, not that simple. Yeah, there's a girl that I've known for a long while now, and although I've been on dates with several other girls, in attempts to possibly find someone else who's close, it just hasn't happened. I'm gonna keep looking unless/until she decides to come around, but dang, could it be MORE obvious that we'd be good together?