1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Access Denied

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LimePopsicle, Mar 29, 2012.

1. LimePopsicle

LimePopsicle Guest

Have you ever outed yourself to someone and they just flat-out refused to acknowledge it? Some (all) of my friends just really can't acknowledge that I'm a guy. Whenever I tell them I am, because the pet-names they have bother me, they just say "no, you're a girl!" I just tell them I'm not and back-off. They'll accept/acknowledge it in their own time.

Now I'm wondering, has anyone just refused to act like your coming out moment never happened and continue to acknowledge you as straight/your own sex?

This doesn't make much sense (not the way intended, anyway). Sorry for that.

2. FJ Cruiser

I'm not saying it's right, but I think for the general public, being transgender is an extremely hard concept to grasp, so I could see where acknowledgement would be a problem. Also, I think the younger you are, the less likely people are to take you seriously. Sorry those kinds of things happen to you.

3. Caoimhe Fayre

haha I came out to a friend as a lesbian and a week later she was like, "You are so into [that guy], you should ask him out!"

and I was kind of like, "umm... was I the only one paying attention in that conversation we had a week ago? yes he is wonderfully nice and the only other under-40 person here, but no I am not attracted to him like that..."

except I didn't actually say anything, I just let it drop. :/

I guess they are just still in the denial phase, and eventually will get to acceptance?

4. BudderMC

I have a housemate who didn't refuse to acknowledge it (on the contrary, he's been really supportive), but he did mention when I came out to him that he might 'forget' that I was gay.

I brought something related up a few weeks after, and he definitely forgot momentarily...

More funny than tragic, really :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Naren

I recently came out to my best friend, and she did something similar to this. She still can't get her head around the fact that I'm a girl. She still treats me like a guy and all... I guess it will come in time.