1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling very good about myself

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Zaio, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Hi EC.

This is just a thread I would like to share, as whether you people agree with it or not it made me feel very very good and proud of myself, it has been the highlight of my day.

So I was walking around the street with some friends shopping and I hear this absolutely stomach turning disgustingly horrific language towards a muslim woman, she was dressed typically with a cowl over her head and vile language was being used, she was literally being harrassed in the middle of the street purely for being muslim.

It was one guy, I estimate maybe 16 or 17 saying things like "my mum has a tea-towl like that at home," "watch out, she has a bomb!" "on your way camel jockey," and a bunch of other disgusting, bigoted words.

So what did I do? I simply went up to him, and punched him as hard as I possible could filled with rage, I ended up braking his nose and he was spasming uncontrollably on the floor (think I hit the pressure point near the top of the nose by luck) to be surrounded and cheered on by almost everyone around (probably 90% ish) and a few more activists and racists saying things like I should have left him to it.

Anyway the highlight was when this poor woman looked at me and just without saying anything at first burst into tears, she was so emotional that someone would step in to help her like that, then when she could finally talk again she thanked me very deeply.

I find it absolutely appalling that such people in this world exist, such pathetic and small people that they have nothing to do but descriminate those minding their own business.

This made my day because I made the woman's day, I made someone else going through descrimination and prejudice smile and be happy, and that made me very happy.

While my actions may have been a bit sudden and much, I was so filled with rage from these disgusting things this poor woman was recieving that I just simply had to do it.

Anyway yeah, just sharing this story because it made me feel so good :icon_bigg

#1 Zaio, Mar 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2012
  2. Naren

Good job! I'm glad there are people like you to do this. Keep it up :grin:

3. unknownerror

while I wouldn't say that assault is necessarily something to be proud of, even in such circumstances, I can certainly agree and empathize with the sentiments in the OP. I'm sure much of that woman's life is rather ostracizing, and to have a complete stranger so completely stand up for her, must have been amazing. I will at least give you kudos for sticking up for her, when most people would look the other way.

(also I can't help this, but its spelled discriminate)

4. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Yeah I wasn't particularly proud of myself after I did that either, as the quote goes "an eye for an eye and the whole world is blind," I suppose it counts even if it is someone elses eye.

You need to try and understand I could not believe how angry I was at that point, that was possibly the angriest I've been in years, people always say discriminative things to me but I've just learned to ignore it, it breaks my heart when it happens to other people which is why I had to act.

However I do understand where you are coming from.

Oh wow, thank you so much for that. I have been spelling it incorrectly for months then, at last someone has corrected me, thanks - updated vocabulary :lol:

5. unknownerror

as I understand where you were coming from. Trust me, If I were there, there's a preetty good chance I'dve been amongst the cheering crowd. I've felt that anger before. I'm just glad i've only unleashed it on the wall or my brother's stuff when we were kids lol

like I said kudos for sticking up for a complete stranger that REALLY needed it :slight_smile:

also happy to help on the spelling lol :slight_smile:

6. IamwhoIam12

Wow, that's awesome. I don't know if I would have the courage to do something like that! I can totally understand why that would be the highlight of your day. Good job man!

7. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Yeah, usually I'm fine to verbally defend myself but I am definitely not the type to get into physical arguments, I suppose I am cowardish in that aspect, which is why I was so surprised that I actually did this, I guess it shows how much confidence you can recieve when you are completely blinded by anger.

8. Awesome! Even though I generally don't advocate violence :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but awesome nonetheless!

9. BajanBoy13

WOW that amazing we really need more people like you where I live,both Gay and coragus(I know I spelt it wrong :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). Everyone where I live is so close-minded it would do them some good.One time they had this fat lady in town and peopke where just following her and taking pictures WTF is this world coming to?!

10. Of Mice and Men

^Courageous. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Anyways, nice job! I wish I could have been there. I would have been kicking him while he was on the ground :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: (kidding...kind of)

11. BajanBoy13

Ahha thanks :slight_smile:

12. Zontar

I hope you're aware that buffoonery like this can bring an assault charge on you in short order.

Fists are anything but a high-class method of resolving arguments. Don't do it again.

13. GoogieHowser

GoogieHowser Guest

although violence should be avoided, sometimes people just need to get their ass handed to them.

i'm glad you did just that.

14. Lewis

So glad that you did this, very brave!

15. TheDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Agreed!

16. dairyuu

Hate the sin, love the sinner. In this case, the sin is hitting someone, but morally you did the right thing. Good for you!

17. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not so sure where I stand on the violence, but the story did make me smile. I'm glad you stood up for her, this is an inspiring piece, if not perfect. <3