1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gays - Need opinions!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Zaio, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Hello my fellow gays :slight_smile: - Girls, I appreciate you reading this thread and trying to help but I specifically need guys opinions on this, sorry!

So guys, I might be getting my ear pierced during the easter hols but I'm not sure how people see it, be totally honest PLEASE! Do you gays like a guy with pierced ears? If so what ears do you prefer done? What type of earring? I am thinking of getting a small cubic zirconia earring in my right ear, part of this is so hopefully other gays will get a clue on my sexuality but also because hopefully this looks good, what do you guys think?

Please give your honest thoughts! I do not want to get my ear/(s) pierced if the majority of gays do not like it.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

EDIT: Meant to say I might be getting a small cubic zirconia STUD, not earring but I still want to hear opinions on this please :slight_smile:

#1 Zaio, Mar 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2012
  2. Travel Tech

To be honest, I'm not sure I'd be into guys with pierced ears.

3. shy

shy

In general I would say the earring has to fit your style and the seize has to fit the scaling of your head, so I can't pretty much say if it fits you personally. What you describe seems to be decent enough to be only a small change and most likely will look good :wink:
    Primarily you shouldn't get pearced if you do not want it for yourself but just to give clues to other people. I strongly recommend not to get one of this huge rings expanding your earlap (just in case you wanted to get one of these later) because they don't heal anymore.
    My favourite "earrings" are industrials, I think they look pretty cool.

Hope it will live up to your expectations

DOOM

4. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not to dodge the question, but why can't women comment? Are you planning on living in some sort of gay men's commune? And while I'm at it, what's with the "you gays"?

Anyways, I don't think you should worry so much about what other people think of it. If you want to get it done, get it done and enjoy it. I don't think it's going to be some kind of obvious signpost for your sexuality though. It may have been at one point but I think that time is passed.

5. DarkClarity

Piercings in general are a bit of a turn off for me personally, but I don't mind studs really. Anything bigger though, probably not.

6. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Well women can if they wish but this is mainly aimed at guys because as a gay guy I would like to know if other gays find it attractive or not, and I'm not exactly trying to attract women :lol:

The "you gays" part wasn't meant in an offensive manor, just using that as a general classification of the group I'm trying to ask the question to, apologies if you took offence to this.

Well I wouldn't really mind getting them that's the thing, personally I really like small stud earrings on a guy (not proper earrings though) but I'm not sure how others feel on the matter hence the thread, if the majority of gays do not like it then I will not get it done, as I am not bothered by it, but if the majority do find it attractive then I definitely will :lol:

7. Currently, I'm into nerds, and I wouldn't really like earrings on my nerds. But I think earrings can work for guys. However, I'm somewhat turned off by earrings on guys who want to look like gangsters with their baggy pants and spiked hair. I'm just not really into those types, I guess. I'm not so sure how indicative earrings are of sexuality, though...

8. TheAMan

To be honest I really don't like guys with piercings, even in the ears.

9. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Well it's the myth that was started about earrings that is still being continued to a lesser extent, at least it is over here in the UK.

Left ear only pierced = straight.
    Right ear only pierced = gay.
    Both ears pierced = No indication.

That isn't always how it is but if you ask a straight guy over here which ear he would get pierced I garuntee you he will say left only :lol:

10. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To be honest, it varies on every guy lol. While a cubic stud would be flashy and a little gay, I'm sorry but to me its extremely tacky. Either get a real diamond stud, or don't' get it at all. That's my feeling. Or get a small hoop.

11. Travel Tech

...huh

12. timo

No piercing completely heals. If you get one it won't become 'invisible' again, even just a regular earring/stud leaves a mark. But I must agree that a streched lobe will be more visible all the time, leaves a little hole instead of a tiny spot. Although I think streched lobes are awesome and totally hot.

But yeah, dear OP.
    First of all, I think you should have one only if you want to have one, not because other people's/other gay guys' opinion.

Like I said, I love streched lobes, but I'm not a fan of studs/earrings. Especially the bling bling zirconia. But in the end it's about what you like and what you want. And although it will leave a little mark, just a stud isn't as permanent as a streched plug, so if it turns out you don't really like it/your friend dislikes it you can always take it out again :slight_smile:

EDIT: only saw the right/left thing after posting but I disagree with that. I know gay guys with their left ear pierced and a straight guy with a 1" streched right ear... in my opinion it says nothing

#12 timo, Mar 30, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  13. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Well, at 15 I am unable to buy a real diamond stud, but you wouldn't think that way if you didn't know which the guy was wearing would you? As it's almost impossible to tell the difference between zirconia and diamond with the human eye.

Yeah and I'm sure a lot of people know guys like that, but the majority (or at least where I am anyway) base their piercings on this myth, I don't even know 1 straight guy with only his right pierced :confused:

14. Ridiculous

In my opinion, piercings either don't really make a difference to someone's attractiveness, or they make them look worse than they would without. They never have a positive effect on me, only neutral or negative.

I've never looked at someone and thought "He'd look good with piercings", but I've looked at plenty and thought "He'd look better without piercings."

Of course you should do what you want though, not what you think other people like.

15. Mad Man L

No. In fact, aside from ear piercings on women, I don't like piercings full stop. They don't suit and in some circumstances, are ugly.

16. timo

I assume it could have something to do with where you live and "local traditions" (i don't know if there's a real word for that haha).

By the way, I also prefer two pierced ears (studs, streched, anything) instead of just left or right, but I'm a huge symmetry fan so not really reliable.

17. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Well there's not much traditions where I live but I guess this is one of the few, yeah I also know a few guys with both ears pierced, generally it's not considered gay or straight here, so it's pretty neutral.

Thanks for your input guys but it appears there is a theme of not liking piercings, so I don't think I will be getting one, cheers for the help :icon_bigg

18. BajanBoy13

Yep that's quite right.I'm getting mine done in Bristol tommorow but probally not ready to get it done in the right ear parents would freak :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

19. I'm not a huge fan of earrings but I suppose a small one (stud) could be kinda cute, depending on the guy. And you can always take it out if a specific person you meet doesn't like it :slight_smile:

20. King

King Guest

I got both of my ears pierced three weeks ago, and it was the best decision I ever made.
    Honestly, it has to work with your style. I personally am going for black studs once my six weeks are up, because it suits my manner of dress.
    As far as on other guys, they can be hot or they can be a mess. Do what you want, not what others want you to do :slight_smile: