1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I dont wanna come out!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Swapnil, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Swapnil

Hey guys and gals.
    I am a 20 yr old guy and i am a bisexual...kinda 60:40 towards boys and gals...

When I realised I have homosexual tendencies, one thing I made sure was to never come out to anybody.I, as a person love secrets and this is my way of having one.Do u think this cud be a problem in my future???
    P.S. I love spending time with both guys and gals,but m more comfortable with guys(thats y 60:40).

Thanks for your replies!!!

2. unknownerror

well do you plan to just never have a relationship with another man? because that will involve coming out at least somewhat. If you totally repress yourself, you may suffer mentally and be unhappy...you might be able to handle it though but I wouldn't put any money on that

3. DarkClarity

You don't have to come out if you don't want to. Who you enter into a relationship with is really nobodys business but your own. Would there be a problem in future relationships? I guess that would depend on the person your dating really and if they are comfortable with keeping the relationship a secret or not.

I personally wouldn't date anybody who's out because I would effectively be dragging them back into the closet because I'm not out and that wouldn't be fair on them. I couldn't date somebody in secret as well because if I really liked them to be honest I would want to show them off a bit. That's just me though besides you said you liked secrets and it's up to you what you want to do.

I hoped I've answered your question.

4. If you think you'll be shunned and don't like that idea, it's probably best to stay in for now. Who knows, maybe you'll find 'the' guy someday. Cant hurt to wait. On the other hand, there's the price to pay of not being able to express who you are, but maybe it's worth it?

5. shy

shy

It's generally (as we say in german) your business with whom you want to come out or not. If you don't want to come out at all this will include to never get the experience with a guy. In addition you have to be careful with what you say, do and so on 24 7. This can be pretty hard (I know this from experience).

With me it was a hiding in all ways I could do it. At some point it was becoming hard never to say the truth, I felt like a liar. The longer I was waiting with my coming out the more I wanted to tell someone. It meant a lot to me and I chose with care. Since then I came out to several friends and it helped pretty much accepting myself as they were accepting me. With coming out I accepted that I most likely will have a boyfriend instead of a girlfriend (probably 90:10, while the 10 are being wrestled down by bad experiences).
    On the other hand, I'm not out to my family and, for some reason, it will definitely take more time to come out with them.

In your case you still can rely on relationships with girls but you may not feel all comfortable with them and yourself. A girlfriend may even figure that you're having a secret and therefore the relationship is more likely to brake. But still, if you don't feel comfortable with coming out you had better waited some time.

6. Lewis

When I were younger 14-16, I had it in my head that I'd NEVER come out. Sometimes I'd see it as a bad thing and feel like I'd live a tortured life for the sake of not telling people, but another part of me kind of enjoyed the secret like yourself.

At this point in my life, I know that I'm going to have to tell people at some point or I'd have to be single forever! You don't have to tell people, but at some point it may become a burden.