1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Atheists have no Soul? [Postsecret]

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JSG, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JSG

JSG Guest

Ok, this is just to clear up the discussion from Postsecret

Anon.
    athiests disgust me and i'm sad to see there are so many of these people here at EC many whom i used to like not belieiving in God. I don't care if you have no religon at all but if you don't belive in God you have no soul.

ThatCrazyThang
    Interesting, thats what some of the christian denominations said about gay people 50 years ago

And why would you not like someone for their lack of faith? thats just crazy.[/quote]

Anon.
    interesting how thats completely irrelevant to what i said. i said nothing of gays just that athiests can't claim souls because souls go to heaven and have afterlife and reincarnation and if you don't beleive in God you have no soul.

Anon.2
    Does that mean i get to go to hell! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JSG
    Prove it !

Oh and we're on a GAY site so yeah, he can relate whatever he wants to us.

ThatCrazyThang
    There are many different variations of the idea of a soul, and your closed minded ignorant views of damnation for all atheists is just as bad as persecution against homosexual people, is it not? What gives you the right to say that your beliefs in a "God" should be upheld by everyone, and if they don't then they're lower than you?

Urgh...

Latinokid
    .....wow.Well for the person who posted about souls how do you know there is some "God" and we have souls? Have you died and come back? If so please prove it because i would really want to hear that. And how is it to say just because i don't believe in "God" i have no soul? That is so... . Maybe we all do have sould and maybe when we die we our souls just go somewhere? Who says you HAVE to believe in God to have a soul? IN christianity do they not practing not juding other people? forgiving? ......hmmm

Anon.
    you all started this convo don't blame me i'm done talking about it. fighting is immature. i just posted as my secret that i don't like athiests. so don't go bothering me. i have a right to opinoion. i just say that because athiests can't be mad at me for saying they have no soul because they don't beleive in souls.
    also i want to add you can't get mad over something you don't believe in. if you don't believe in hell you can get mad if a person where to condemn you. i don't beleive in hell. i don't know if i beleive in heaven i beleive in God and reincarnation. i'm not condemning because i don't beliee you and the only reason i don't like athiests is because they think that death is the end. if you live to die than whats the point of having a soul? a soul to continue and you don't beleive in continueing so you can't be mad for me saying it if you truely don't beleive it sorry mods for being off topic i didn't start this

ThatCrazyThang
    My beliefs do not matter, its the fact that you made such a comment which was obviously in a spiteful way. Also it lacks logic, Im a human just as you are? whats the difference?

#1 JSG, Jan 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2008
  2. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, what is this whole religious debate that's going on here lately???
    How can't people just accept everyone's beliefs and move on? I thought gay people were generally more accepting than others (for obvious reasons), but I guess that's not entirely true!

And this whole christian/atheist bashing....it's just ridiculous! If you're christian, why can't you just accept that other people belive in other things?! It's not your mission to try and convince everybody that your religion is the best one/right one/only good one. Saying things like "I hate you because you don't believe in God and therefore you have no soul" is just plain ridiculous and close minded. Yes, you can say that you don't agree with atheists, but being disgusted by them and not liking them for this reason is very intolerant and childish I think. And above all, it is not at all what christianity teaches.

And atheists should be a bit more cosiderate of other people too! You don't believe in God? Fine! Just don't try to prove that this is the right thing to do! That is not the point!

Most importantly: I think people should just try to accept that generally everyone can decide what's best for him/her. Just let people believe in whatever they want to! When somebody tries to convince you that being gay is wrong and says that you must change it, it is somehow quite similar to a christian hating an atheist because he doesn't believe in God.

Sorry for the long post, this is my opinion. And I'm not religious btw.

3. nisomer

thank you sngl

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

We do not need any more threads about religion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.