1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

atheism?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ppreston9, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ppreston9

ppreston9 Guest

what exactly is an atheist?
    i might be one but i really don't know what it is.
    no wiki's either please lol

2. Ty

Ty Guest

An atheist is someone who doesn't believe there is a god or any "higher place".

3. Jeimuzu

To be simple, they don't believe in God or any higher power, no life-after-death, nothing.

To go a little more specific, and not necessarily holding to the opinions of all atheists; They basically believe in absolutely nothing beyond what we can see with things such as science. We weren't created, we just... happened. It's usually very scientific and logical-minded people, that basically trust only what their mind tells them; and since god is illogical, God doesn't exist.

Or, I suppose, they believe that God doesn't exist because logic and the laws of physics don't allow for it. Religious people, however, believe that God created logic and the laws of physics, and hence transcends them and isn't affected or bound by such things.

I personally hold the opinion that when logic and physics didn't exist, there was some sort of higher power, and when it created logic and physics it ceased to exist, hence satisfying both perfectly understandable and reasonable sides of the argument. Or something like that. So I'm sort of in-between.

#3 Jeimuzu, Jan 3, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

We do not need any more threads about religion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.