1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On My Own for the First Time!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 55, Apr 1, 2012.

1. 55

I originally posted this thread in Chit Chat but it showed up in Entertainment and Media. I'm guessing it's one of the bugs in the transition to the new page design. Anyway, I copied and pasted it here. I hope it stays put this time!!

last monday i moved to a condo on my own following my coming out and divorce over the past few months. i was raised in a family with 8 children, had a roommate in college, and then got married just before my junior year - and was married for 35 years prior to my divorce. so for all of my 56 years i've never had my own place.

this is awesome!! i found a great condo in a secluded development where most of the residents are my age. i don't have to worry about when i come or go and all the stuff here is mine! what a feeling! one happy coincidence is that my next door neighbors in my unit are gay. they've lived here for 22 years. i'm looking forward to getting to know them. i haven't talked to them much yet, but i can't wait to tell them i'm gay too.

maybe sometime down the road, i'll find someone to share my life with again, but definitely not until i'm ready.

life outside of the closet - i'm going to drink it in!

this site has been so great in helping me though the transition! thanks to everyone who's supported, encouraged, and counseled me!

i'm sure there'll be obstacles along my journey, but at least there's an authentic person taking it!

much love,

2. Jim94

Im really happy that things are going good for you! :slight_smile:

3. PianoNate

congrats!! I hope to making one of these posts someday soon, too!

4. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm glad your doing well, this is a whole new chapter, I'm really happy for you