1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did You Know That Same-Sex Marriages Provide 1,138 Rights To Couples?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hollywood, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Hollywood

It just makes me that much more angry, especially when states wont even recognize civil unions.

Effing ridiculious.

2. Micah

Hey, we're slowly getting there! I know other people's opinions will be different, but from what I see, the general perspective of homosexuality is becoming more positive as it gains more media exposure as being just another way of living.

It's also a generational thing. More and more young people are accepting gays - heck - more and more young people are coming out! To me it's exciting to wonder what the general perception of gays will be in 30 or 40 years time, when the "older" more conservative generation has passed on.

3. dictionary

Yeah i think most people in parlement would have to be 40 or over... not grouping in an age group with particular veiws but they wouldent have come from the most progresive of times...
    Thinking of Australian politics.
    To think John Howard was born in 1938 and is aged 68 and Kevin Rudd was born in 1957 and is aged 50....
    Although the family first party in australia has had a bit of sucsess it is in the shadow of the sucsess of the greens now the most progresive of parties in the australian federal parliment just shows how times are a changing expecialy thinking we have a greens V labor House of reps seat...

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    One of my lesbian friends pointed out at the vigil the other night that it is her dream that her grandchildren will be shocked that gay and lesbian people were treated this way in the past. I firmly believe that to be true! Like Micah said, more and more young people do not have a problem with it. We see gay people in the media all the time. It's not a subject you can avoid anymore and as people are forced to think about it, their minds are opening. (at least for most)

5. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:
    thats :***:ing insane, RAWR people need to give us rights now or we'll slap them in the face! Honestly thats so crazy