1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay co-worker hates me?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Brenny, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Brenny

So at my work, there's this guy that is gay too. I never have admitted I am gay and no other co-workers have even asked me if I am. But he is totally convinced I am (rightly so) and told me so. From the sound of it, he has discussed this with others. I then asked him if that is how I come across to people and he said I am "very gay." Again, I never admitted it to him. And I made it clear I am religious but have no problems with gays or him being gay.

We usually had this quirky vibe and kinda joked around in general. He tends be be slightly grouchy and snooty but I could get a smile out of him at times. But ever since, he has never addressed me, looked at, or spoken to me. Everyone at work knows he hates me. I never did anything or said anything about him. But I think his issue with me might have to do with that one conversation.

Any ideas as to why this would be happening? What could be going through his mind? Anyone else experience a situation like this before?

2. sanguine

maybe he secretly likes you :grin:

maybe hes trying to keep you interested in trying to talk to him, like when you tug along a piece of string to keep the kitten playful. playing hard to get if you know what i mean :lol:

but i dunno, i could be wrong, maybe hes angry at you because your a closet case (thats what im assuming) and hes not??:eusa_thin:confused2:

3. Lewis

I agree with the above comment, he probably actually does like you more than you think. It could be that he's maybe scared to be in a relationship or talk to other guys, so it's easier for him to just be a jerk to them. If he's being nice to other members of staff that are straight males and females, it shows that he may be actually intimidated by you. Don't let this get you down and just be yourself, go in there and completely ignore him, go about your own business. That will frustrate him more than anything, don't show that you care about how he feels about you.

4. Brenny

I teased him once about him possibly liking me but he went to the, "I only like REAL men" line. Apparently that is big, burly, older guy types. He said I'm too much of a skinny pretty-boy type.

We haven't talked in a while but there's so much that I would like to be able to talk to someone about. I don't actually know anyone else that is gay too, and maybe it sounds stupid, but I had felt so connected to him... Not in a crush way, not at all. It is hard to explain. But it would have been nice to have a person to connect with that I don't have to keep up this guard with.

I accept who he is, and yet he is perfectly willing to push himself on the straight male coworker who calls him a f***** behind his back...

#4 Brenny, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  5. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

There can honestly be a hundred reasons why this kid might be mad at you.

My bet is that it has to do with you being closeted and not admitting it to him. I have no idea why, but some gay guys tend to dislike closet cases for one reason or another.

Have you asked him why he dislikes you in private?

6. ArcherySet

ArcherySet Guest

A grouchy snooty homo works with you? That is the most unbelievable statement I have ever read on the Internet.

7. Tim

Tim

To be honest, from what you said, it sounds like you joked about him liking you.

As a gay guy, I get extremely offended when straight guys do that, as they're insinuating just because I'm gay, I like all guys.

Even if it wasn't intended as such, some people will see it that way.

8. Brenny

I made that comment to him once. But I can totally understand that because I would feel the same way if someone did that to me. I haven't had a chance to confront him in private because there's ALWAYS other people around lately. I considered maybe he doesn't like the whole closeted thing but that to me doesn't make sense.

I can't see him taking that one joke in that way because he doesn't think I'm straight anyway. In fact, he told me I was gay. He never even asked me directly.

I plan on speaking to him friday.

#8 Brenny, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012