1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finaly I have Job Interview

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dictionary, Jan 3, 2008.

1. dictionary

I have been trying to get an interview for the past month and i finaly got on at KFC lol

Not the ideal place... but better than nothing not the ideal location either its 3 suburbs away but meh...

What should i be prepaired to talk about in the interveiw?
    Any tips?
    Shouls i just tell them how i love deep fried chicken... and just ignore the fact i have never eaten at kfc...

#1 dictionary, Jan 3, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  2. step49x

Congrats on getting an interview!

Re: the interview, if you don't love deep friend chicken, then don't lie and say you do. Lying during your interview is a very bad thing to do, especially if it's obvious.

Just be honest and polite. Also, it never hurts to have a few questions to ask, at the end (if you have any).

Also, make sure you dress somewhat nicely. I mean, you don't have to wear a suit and tie, but don't just wear your street clothes. Casual-dressy, or whatever it's called.

3. Youngn0323

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    make sure you mention your great people skills :icon_wink

4. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

Just be honest with everything.If they want you then hooray and if they don't then it's back to square one.It's a process to get through,hopefully it turns out positive for you.
    Good luck

5. dictionary

Im realy confused about what to where.....
    What on earth is smart casual?

6. dictionary

Well ive decided what i am going to wear.... i don t care if its to good for kfc
    Black shoes black pants and a shirt...
    I belive the whole proses is more about attitude than anything so ill just make sure i seem verry confident and have a big smile and shake hands

7. step49x

Good luck! Let us know how it goes. :slight_smile:

8. s5m1

It sounds like you should do fine. Be yourself, be honest and be friendly. Remember that you are interviewing for a job that involves dealing with the public and working with others. Having good communications skills and coming across as a nice person are important. Also, be prepared to discuss things in your background that show you are a responsible person. Punctuality, neatness and maturity are important. Have a good, positive attitude. Good luck! I am sure it will go well.

9. mcrteenagers

I've been through countless interviews. It's a longer type of story, and really doesn't support my points, but here goes.

1) Confidence. Don't act nervous. There is nothing to be nervous about. If it were a job where I make a hundred grand a year, sure. But KFC, walk in the with confidence.

2) Don't lie, stretch the facts, make stuff up, etc. Self explanatory.

3) Relax. Laugh alittle, fit a joke in if you can. I had an interview at East Side Marios with kitchen manager and general manager, and by the end of the interview I had almost fallen out of my chair from laughing and we all were crippled over from laughing.

Good Luck, and let us know how you did!

10. dictionary

I just came back from it...

i wasnt nervous at all it only took about 5 mins she only asked 2 questions that needed a detaled responce and i answerd them both verry well...

but she wanted someone who was more avalible but still said she might be able to work somthing out and she will call me on tuseday

11. step49x

Well, I hope you're able to get something out of this.

What type of hours are you hoping to work?

12. dictionary

ahhh lol.... they rejected me....

that makes a rejection from KFC and Mc Donalds....

She said she would call on the tuseday she never did ... then on thursday i called the store and got them to leave a message... but she didnt call back.... so i decided not to bother doing anything else i dont want to work for someone that dosent even call even if it were to reject you...

But i still need to find a job

13. CrimsonThunder

They're busy they probably forgot all about it, I really doubt they'd just not call you back deliberately unless it was a really fucked up store.

I went for a job at KFC and I got it the day after I applied. I don't really want the job there but its somewhere new, just hate the managers at HJ's. I was talking to my Ex-Boss today and she heard I got a job there and she went and told them how awesome I am. =/ Now they expect me to be awesome. :'( I was hoping to slack off lol.

Also dictionary, you don't need to wear black trousers and black shoes and a tie to an interview at a fast food store, seriously they will laugh at you behind your back (I do it all the time when I see it) When I went for my interview I wore a "1-Up" super mario shirt and some board shorts =P

Theres plenty of jobs you can go for, Woolies, Coles/BiLo, Target, newsagencies, clothe stores, butches ect. Just apply at them all and you're guaranteed a job.

14. dictionary

Ive been thinking of calling julia gillard and asking her for a job seing as she is minister for employment....

15. While you're asking for yourself could you mention me as well! =P I hate job interviews because it always ends up being a no and then I feel really bad about myself lol.
    I hate KFC because they rejected me 3 times and gave my friend his job on the first "interview" all he did was walk in and asked for a job. =( His sister works at the same store and is friends with the managers so she just asked if they could hire him.
    And now I need new peeps as my references because I had 2 of my teachers I was closest with from my now old school and I'm not sure if I should keep them on there. But if I don't I'll have no one else to use because we don't have any family friends because my mum has none lol.

16. Grantious

hope it pays well lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: