1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LimePopsicle, Apr 4, 2012.

1. LimePopsicle

LimePopsicle Guest

Feeling happy, so this is being created! As said somewhere before, I have told my parents about me feeling like a boy. My mom and I had a conversation today concerning that and other stuff. The other stuff isn't really all that important to this thread.

She just says that she doesn't really care, she still loves me. Don't be fooled, she's always going to see me as her daughter because she gave birth to girl. And that's fine. That's how she feels, I won't change that. She doesn't feel it's right because I was created as a girl. To her, it's like I'm being ungrateful to God. It doesn't bother me as long as she loves me and is there for me to talk to.

The one thing she can't understand is how I can be a boy. The way she sees it, I'm all girl - physically and mentally. She says I was girly when I was a little kid. And it's true, but I repressed the hell out of the feelings I had. There was always small signs. My mom thinks it's just because I lacked a female role model (she was in the Army) and was raised around boys. It isn't that, but I can understand why she says that.

All in all, it's the first successful talk we've had about something like this :icon_bigg

2. shy

shy

Well done. I'm glad you were able to talk about it and that you are happy with how it is now. (*hug*)

3. King

King Guest

Congrats on discussing it!
    And don't fret too much about her not understanding. Who knows if she ever will. I'm certainly not transgender, but when I came out as gay to my mom, I remember her saying "I will never understand" and that was me telling her that I'm attracted to boys, just like she is! (Meaning, even though I told her I have the same feelings towards boys that she does, she still didn't understand.)
    It's good that you're making progress. Don't let what your mom said get you down, which hopefully it isn't. She'll adjust to the change accordingly :slight_smile: