1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Berkeley's LGBTQ life?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Harlequin, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Harlequin

Can anyone going to Berkeley tell me how open it is, whether it's "safe" to be out there, etc? I have a high probability of going there, and in all honesty I'm sick of hiding who I am.

2. FJ Cruiser

From what I know of it, I can't imagine a better university to be out at really. It was at the epicenter of the LGBT rights movement, and Berkeley is one of the most socially liberal cities in the US, even more so than San Francisco I believe.

#2 FJ Cruiser, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Berkeley has a gay frat, a huge LGBT group, and is very, very open and welcoming. It would certainly be on the top 20 list of most LGBT friendly schools out there.

4. ultrabluecheese

Berkeley's definitely an LGBT-friendly school; I believe we have about a dozen clubs that are solely for queer students, so you're bound to find a club that suits you. There's also the Gender & Equity Resource Center on campus that provides a space where LGBT students can find extra resources, guidance, internships, and help. :slight_smile: