1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How important is love and being in a relationship to you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by KatKut, Apr 6, 2012.

1. KatKut

I am a very romantic guy and "love" is the most important thing to me,,,
    love,romance and guys are always on my mind,,,there is nothing that makes me happier than being in a true romantic relationship,,,but lately I am not finding any good guys and I am a bit depressed,,,I have no problems finding sex but it's not what I want,,,sex doesn't make me any happy and I personally someatimes prefer to be like those jerks who make me suffer,so I would not suffer because I'd have no heart as them :frowning2:

Does anyone feel like this?

2. Mej7

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In any relationship, love is more important than sex. My advice: Don't ever try to be somone you are not, even if you think you'll suffer less, because, in the end, you'll actually suffer more. Also, being a jerk and being like everyone else doesn't help you find love (it could, in fact, do the oposite) so, if thats what you are looking for, just continue to be you.
    "It is better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not."
    "Nobody likes a jerk- not even other jerks..."

3. Subwoofer

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm a hopeless romantic so I'd say love is the most important part of a relationship by far, just being with someone you love and being comfortable together. Can't say I've been there myself though.

4. Zontar

I'm really not sure. Love is nice and all, but I've never had much of a sex life, and I don't think I could continue in a relationship where the sex had to end.

I would, however, pursue a dignified separation and not some John Edwards-esque douchebaggery.

5. Cascade

I have no idea how to answer this question. I've never been in a relationship, yet I find I have very little desire to be in one at all. I find my life right now relatively complete without being in a relationship.

6. ok455

I never been in a relationship before, I would like to be in one Eventually but its not the most important thing at the moment I know people who can't function with out being in a relationship. They always have back to back boyfriends/girlfriends. I have one friend and she just broke up with her boyfriend not a month long shes dating another guy. People need to learn how to be happy by themselves instead of being tied down. your young years is going to swoosh by and only memory someone is going to have is having multiple partners.

7. needshelp

well.... i think of what it would be like to be with someone i love, have a crush on or etc and it makes me happy. i've never been in a relationship, in love with somebody, had sex or whatever so all i can do is just imagine that with someone i like since that's all i can do for now. but what i think something will be for me and the reality of what it is two different things because at the end of the day, i'm by myself. i'll try looking for somebody but i usually end up having someone i'm not interested trying to get with me or i end up alone. it doesn't really upset me or hurts my feelings. i've gotten better with dealing with it though to the point where i feel like i could live with being single without it bothering me. it was a big issue to me at 14 but that was back when i wasn't sure of myself. nowadays, i'm sure of who i am to the point where this really isn't an issue anymore.

8. fatalmoon91

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I my opinion...and I have never been in a relationship truly this is only what i would imagine i would prefer. Love conquers all. I dunno i have some cheesy romantic image in my head and I find it all to be super flattering. now if only i could find a guy to be romantic with lol.

9. Abayomi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well how about before you fall in love? I think before it hits that stage, just having fun and laughing together is the most important thing. Yeah, I like romance and everything, no matter what point the relationship is in. But in my limited experience, focusing on that side too much too early kind of kills it xD

Sex... Well. I don't care much for it either.

Funny because it seems that the people who have this attitude are usually the most sought after :slight_smile:

10. King

King Guest

I desperately want a relationship with someone, not just for sex.
    I want someone I can trust, and someone to spend time with and love with all of my heart! Obviously sex would come into the equation... But I certainly just want a romantic relationship at this point in my life. *sigh*

11. pancake111

Its extremely important to me. If you don't have love in a relationship, how do you expect it to last. I think this goes for romantic relationships and friendships.

12. Vesper

I never have been in a relationship, and honestly never thought much of the topic until relatively recently. I used to be afraid of the thought of someone being attracted to me, because I saw how teenage and young adult romances usually turned out, and wanted nothing to do with romance. Now, I'm beginning to question whether my former disinterest had to do with liking girls rather than boys, since only boys have ever "fancied" me, but I only liked girls who never fancied me back.

Being 26 and having had 0 experience with relationships, I can't say that it's not taking a toll, especially with my friends getting married around me and my parents getting concerned due to my history of dismissive and lackadaisical attitudes toward marriage. If I tell them that I do want a relationship, but don't want marriage, I'm afraid that my sexual orientation will become the giant elephant in the room in all of our conversations.

In short, they're more important to me than they used to be.

#12 Vesper, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  13. sanguine

its important, i dont care if i end up single till the day i die, i will NEVER, EVER, settle for a parasite, a quickie, an abuser, and someone so materialistic and superficial.

i think i can pull off living like a hermit

i also like Cascades comment, i think ive longed for a relationship since i was 14 then that desire just died out and i couldnt give a crap anymore.

14. Cascade

Someone should tell that to the people around here! :lol:

Any reason why it died out? Just jaded about the world? I've never had a desire to be in a relationship which I find pretty strange, most people have had that desire at this point in their lives already.

15. sanguine

yes, i'm progressively becoming more cynical about things.

16. dreamcatcher

Well love is extremely important... what is a relationship without love? But love develops due to other things that are important in a relationship such as communication, shared interests, a knowledge of oneself and of your partner, shared experiences, and intimacy (which also includes sex).

I haven't been in a relationship yet and it's not really a priority for me now, but I'm sure it would be nice :slight_smile:

17. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well... Love is important for me. I don't really have time for a relationship. In the future, I might want to enter a relationship.

18. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well yes that's true, except in the situation where sex is not happening at all. I had a relationship for sixteen months, we had sex once, and foreplay maybe three other times with months in between. Love may be important, but after a while sex does help in a relationship. Just in my opinion please note, it's not for everyone but in my case it was.

But yes, for me having a relationship is important, I love being in them but same time have not minded being single. I dunno I think the most depressing thing for myself is that I just hope I won't wind up alone the rest of my life is all.

19. nicecoolguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would love to be in a relationship. I've thought I was ready for one for a long while, but I guess now I genuinely realize that I want to be in one more than ever. I am really ready to experience that. It's really not about sex at all and I feel like I could take or leave that. I just really wanna have someone to be with, tell that I love, and be close to and show affection for, which to me means being in love. At the same time, I don't wanna let it consume me. Yes, I really really wanna be in a relationship, but I'm not desperate for it, and don't want it to be the main goal of my life.

20. Linthras

Linthras Guest

It's the main reason I'm still a virgin.
    I am a hopeless romantic, I cannot phantom having a quickie or any kind of non-relational sex.
    Not that I have anything against that mind you, it just doesn't float my boat since I have to be romantically attracted to a person to truly find them sexually attractive as well.
    A romantic relationship is one of my number one goal right now, besides finishing my History major that is.