1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's symbolic! Sort of...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TheLadyPrince, Apr 7, 2012.

1. TheLadyPrince

A few months ago I realized I was genderqueer. Now, my whole life I've had super short hair and upon this realization, I started growing it. Now it is just touching my shoulders. I did this becase women tradtionally have long hair and men have short so to symbolize me being both, I went for a third option. Now my hair isn't quite long but it isn't real short either. It's right in the middle and I love it! I have used my hair to symbolize the best of both worlds *does little hair flip*

I've heard how some women tend to cut their previously long hair super short when they come out and I was just wondering if anyone here started anything new when they came out. It doesn't have to be change in appearance. Anything really. C'mon, peeps. I'm curious.

2. RainbowWolfie

Other then being more hyper and happy, not really.
    But I do want to get my bangs dyed rainbow.
    =^_^=

3. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

I started to think that maybe being in a relationship wouldn't be such a bad thing after all. Prior to coming out I'd pretty much planned to live my life alone unless something changed drastically.

I actually did get my hair cut shortly after coming out, but that was really more coincidence than anything else. Now it's normal length as opposed to ridiculously long.

4. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I used to not shave that much (I never liked having to shave) but after I started to question my sexuality, I started shaving every few days. Now I shave every morning in order to subconsciously emphasize my femininity, but I like my hair short to show off my boyishness (girls can have short hair too, y'know?). I also cover my unfortunately hairy limbs with longer pant and shirt sleeves to appear less masculine, along with a pink rubber band around my wrist for flair.

So I've got a mix of boy/girl going, which sorta matches my view of myself.

5. Abayomi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hmm... Well I've been out as gay to most people for a long time now. Nothing really changed then. But lately as I've started to think about and deal with my own insecurities, kind of like coming out to myself a second time, I've become so much more open with the way I look. Right now I'm at a place where I just want to be me no matter who objects, and that includes how I shaved my hair into a mohawk and then dyed it green xD And now I'm growing it out and am planning on getting cornrows on one side this monday. Hahaha :slight_smile: So yeah, since "coming out to myself a second time" (throwing away my ideals of being masculine, because I'm just not) I've been trying to be a lot truer to myself.