1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hair...more importantly: mine

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Micah, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Micah

Hair: God's greatest creation.

Ok, I just got back from a 3 hour long hair dresser's appointment. It was awesome. I had two guys working on my hair, the first worked on my colour. I decided to go a more ash-coloured blonde, rather than my natural sandy blonde. Originally it was "wah" (that sounds effect doesnt work well online, but it means "out-there") and was full-on, bright white-blonde. But after toning it down we finally found the right shade.

Then the next guy (oh so cute) cut my hair. He was awesome (and he was pretty good at cutting my hair too :wink:) I usually have longish hair, which flairs (sp?) out at the sides so it looks like im standing in front of a fan. But this guy is like "you've had long hair long enough" and cut it short at the sides and longer at the top, with the fringe down.

Anyway, it was totally awesome and only cost $65 for 3 hours worth of work.

Now you're probably thinking "holy crap, this guy is more superficial than I thought, if he's in love with his hair" - but I wanna know how you do you're hair. What colour, style etc.

2. Mnstn

I just got mine cut by the best hairdresser I know. I got it cut short for the summer, it is now mid neck, a little longer than my chin length. It curls under most days. It is parted on the left side, and these long bang type things cover my right eye. I have several platinum blonde highlights.

3. hakeem_uk

hakeem_uk Guest

i ask my mum to do i(shes the best lol) i know it sounds diffenet but owell.:slight_smile: i just keep my hair black i like it lol

4. chrisg

I can't seem to find a good barber (not hairdresser, barber :slight_smile:), as the only good one close to my home retired. Now, I'll have to travel a half-hour to get a decent haircut. Yuck! Anyway, my hair is very thick, and I like to keep its natural color of dark brown. I guess my haircut isn't really stylish--more like 1950's Middle America--but it's very comfortable and easy to maintain. I also like to keep my hair short since long hair gets on my nerves. :lol:

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I'm not that bothered about mine now, as long as it's tidy and short. By "short" I mean short enough that it doesn't move when I shake my head. It's thin and receeding on top, which limits what I can do with it. I just trim it with the Whal clippers every month or so. Number 6 on the sides, number 4 on top and the tapered ear trimmers around my ears.

Colour is somewhere between dark blond and light brown, and I can't be bothered to dye it (it would have to go darker as it would look even thinner if it was lighter).

I wash it in the shower every morning with baby shampoo (because it's mild, which I find is good for frequent washing) and don't use any conditioner, gel or anything.

6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Re: Hair: God's greatest creation.

Err yes, I did think that...... But you are cute, so it's worth it. :slight_smile:

7. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    yeah, i keep my hair shaggy and its natural brown 'cause its fun when ur totally rockin out to a song and it moves along w/ u...i just get it trimmed evry once in a while so i can see :icon_smil...but i like it 'cause it looks kinda euro and cool like that but it also says i dont really care...

I think once i lose a bit more weight i might cut it shorter...not quite how it was but so its a bit more shapely...and im thinking about doing something to the color of it...but i dont know wat yet...

8. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

well right now i HATE my hair.. its really thick and unkept.. on good days it looks decent but most of the time its.. bleck.. so ive decided to go really short on the back, get a little off the sides, and keep the bangs and thin it out on top (i think ill let the hairdresser do most of the work tho, see what s/he thinks i should do with it.. THEN im going light, light blonde with pink.. i was going to go black and pink but my skin color would just look way too white if i did. i hope all goes well im in need of some SERVERE hair-help.

9. Micah

Hahaha proud that sounds awesome. An ex boyfriend of mine, very pale, died his hair straight black (his hair is quite longish too) and it makes his pale skin stand out a ton.

But blondes have more fun :wink: trust me on that one.

lol, I more wrote this post because its the first time ive ever spent so long in a hair dressing appointment, and I just think my hair looks awesome atm :slight_smile: and thank you /blush.

10. imad

No pictures? :icon_wink

11. reecematthew

ha i havent gotten mine cut in the longest time but i am not allowed to dye it either, my mom doesnt like it but i did dye it black with red streaks its great when i do. but yeah it flares out at the ends and it goes over ma ears kinda like the steriotypical skater kid lol

12. Chaos

I'm 18 and I get white hairs at times, so I will dye my hair to cover it up. I like to use unique or darker colours. I've been Orange, Red, Fuschia, Purple, Pink, Black, Blue Black. Recently I've taken a liking to blue black. My hair grows sooo fast so when it gets really long and annoying I will often walk into my bathroom, grab the clippers, and shave most of my hair off and trim the sides and back. When it grows out and its long enough I will often mold my hair into spikes or a faux-hawk.

Yes, home hair cuts. Why waste money? And 65 bucks for a hair cut?! Jesus, guy, you could probably get the same hair cut at a walk-in place for cheap. If I was paying 65 bucks for a hair cut, I would have to be insane. I'm not saying you are, but whatever works for you, :slight_smile:

If I do go to a haircutting place I will pay 10-15 bucks. I ask them to cut my hair short, wash it, and thin it out. I rarely do it though.

13. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Well if they did a good enough job, made me feel like i was being treated fairly, and i was feeling generous....65$ is reasonable (if you DARE say that American im going to faint...i mean Canadian lol)

But yeah, i would usually draw the line at 50$ canadian.

14. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

When I used to have my hair done at a unisex salon, it never cost me more than £8 (that's about US $15). I didn't get them to wash it as I had done that myself in the morning - they just sprayed it with some water to damp it a bit for cutting. All I paid for as a regular "gents trim". Of course that doesn't compare with the amount of stuff Dave had done.

15. Dejavu

If i let my hair grow its like carrying a haystack on my head as my hair is sooo dam thick. Anyway i like to keep my hair short usually spiked.