1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Foods to cook in bulk and freeze.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by starfish, Apr 8, 2012.

1. starfish

I want to start taking my lunch to work again. It makes it easier to stick to my diet and it saves a lot of money.

Usually I would buy frozen stuff and heat it up in the microwave, but the frozen stuff is not the best. So I would like to make some stuff my self in bulk and freeze it.

Today I crock-pot full of beans. I through in some spices, canned tomatos and beer, and they came out really good. Of course 4 lbs of beans will last 1 person a long time. So I put them in containers and put the bulk of it in the freezer.

Other thoughts I have a chicken breasts and hamburger patties.

2. IamwhoIam12

Chili, soups, and casseroles keep pretty well in the freezer... I don't really cook but at my house we save stuff like that then it later.

3. Atticus

If you want to freeze mushrooms, purchase the bagged kind which are already cleaned, make sure they stay dry and put them in a freezer bag and they freeze really well. Most vegetables do, in fact. I'll freeze just about anything. I make these delicious vegetarian black bean burgers which freeze very well. Spaghetti (sauce, not so much the noodles) freezes well. Fruit, sauces, creamer for the coffee, bread, sandwich meats, pretty much anything can go in the freezer. I even freeze shredded cheese. My favorite freezer food is a nice, plump, strawberry. Oooh. It's like an ice pop. Delicious. Grapes are great too.