1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dream question

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ThinkingZeno86, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Wasn't sure where to put this... but does anyone know anything about dreams?

What does it mean when you have dreams of being a girl (and you're really a guy). Like you're wearing girl's clothing, and you're able to pass off as a girl and you're so happy about it. Everyone sees you as who you really feel you are and it's all good times..

When I first discovered that I liked other guys. It felt a little odd at first, because the only way I could describe the way I felt was "feminine" I guess. To be noticed, to be appreciated, to think a guy is really cute.. and to be all giggly about it (at least on the inside). :icon_redf

I have never really felt any issues with my genitalia, but I've never been overly concerned with them either. I've been learning that gender is very similar to sexuality and moves along a spectrum, and each of us are at various points on the spectrum. I do know however that when I look at a really beautiful woman, being in some really cute outfit that looks good on her.. in the back of my mind I'll be thinking I wish I could fit in that, and look as good as she does! Hah, and I've always felt strange for being a guy and having such thoughts..

Any ideas? At the very least I know it just means, this is stuff going on in my subconscious.. :eusa_doh:

2. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I don't know much about dreams or psychology, but I would think that the dream is connected to what you wrote later:

Honestly, with the exception of dreams of a sexual nature, my gender never appears; I'm just me (whatever I am).

But I have to say, I've felt the same way. I'm physically male, but I would love to be able to pass for female, and I frequently find myself jealous of other girls' bodies and/ or outfits.

If you do identify as male psychologically, maybe the dream is you subconscious' way of getting you to accept or understand you feminine feelings, so you can feel okay about being "giggly" on the outside as well.

3. Cascade

Dreams are strange things and the subconcious a complicated puzzle. Your dream self could be female for a variety of reasons, from the bizarre to the more likely to the ridiculous. It's possibly being viewed as a girl means that's how you view yourself in a homosexual relationship or perhaps a reflection of a deep buried desire to become a woman or perhaps it means nothing at all.

Is this a recurring dream for you or has it only happened once? Did it happen before you realized you were homosexual or after?

4. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not necessarily... dreams are just the consequence of brain activity occurring in REM sleep - a period of sleep in which the brain is operating under cortical activity similar to that of wakefulness, but without your being "awake." What exactly that means, we can't be sure - but it appears to be/seems most likely that it's just a period of consolidation for our daily cognitions (our memories, thoughts, what we saw, learned, did, etc.) So, yes, in a way, it could point to what you've been thinking about, and therefore possibly in a subconscious way, but not in the silly Freudian/psychoanalytical way that pop psychology suggests...

If you ask me, the dreams are just rehashed thoughts and memories based on what you thought about throughout the day. You're thinking about how you've maybe hidden some feminine behaviors from everyone, and about how this could relate to your sexuality, therefore, your dreams are about you seeing yourself in a feminine way, or being feminine - just a murky, half-awake "play" of your thoughts, if you will :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

But that's just my two cents.

5. These sorts of dreams have only happened afterwards, and so far it's been twice. I never really felt confused about myself.. unless I was around another guy I liked, even as a teenager..

Me realizing I was gay, was not that long ago...

6. Ben

Ben

I don't think that dreams are really useful at telling you much about yourself. I think the general scientific consensus is that dream interpretation is a bit of a rough area. I had a dream the other night that I kept falling over. Does it mean that I'm not reaching my goals and am being constantly hindered? no. Does it mean that I feel weak? no. Does it mean that I was dreaming about falling over? yes :slight_smile:

You know a lot more about what you want when you're awake and your brain isn't mush. If you're actually wanting to wear some feminine clothes, then go for it, but it's probably best to not let your dreams dictate what goes on in your life.

7. fatalmoon91

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't remember where on the forums i read this but i saw someone say that dreams are symbolic in nature before...I dont know that this is 100% accurate but it is the best description dreams have ever been given for me. some people will try to interpret your dreams for you but i think symbols mean something different to everyone. along with that i feel as if dreams are on of those things that uses an illusion to shine light on the truth. which is an idea i came to grow fond of while i was growing up. nothing i just said is fact it is basically ideas that stuck in my head but sometimes an idea can be useful so try tumbling the dream around in your head and seeing what you come up with.

8. RebelD

Not a lot is known about dreams, but recent research suggests that dreams are not just a recollection of memories buried in the subconscious but something more. But for now don't focus too much on the dream. Just be yourself..

9. wildpaul

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Whenever i dream i am always a women as a young child i always felt like i wanted to be a girl, I was very feminine and liked to be with girls my dad changed me he cut my long hair and tried to make me more manly as he called it,because of my anatomy i believe i should have been born a girl.I have in the past tried female cloathes but i always end up feeling really guilty,i think my dreams are really what i should be like,i am not saying you are the same but for me in my dreams everything seems so right.Im sure if i were to be born now i would have been registered as a girl,i feel that my dreams are natures way of heiping me deal with these issues,I am not saying this is the same for everyone but for me i cant come up with a better explination.Anyone got any similar experiances?:thumbsup:

10. pancake111

There are a lot of theories about dreams, but the most convincing one says that dreams mean nothing. They are just visual representations of visual images your brain sends out while you are asleep. The left said of your brain is always trying to make sense of things, so it tries to weave them into a story.

Although they mean nothing, they may represent what we are thinking about. Maybe there is a part of you that likes to be a girl sometimes.

11. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dreamed I was a furry alien a few nights ago. I hope that didn't mean anything.

[​IMG]

Lex

12. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I try not to take my dreams too seriously. About a week ago I dreamed that Dan Rather was trying to kill me, I hope that didn't mean anything

13. LOL, that particular alien always scared me. :eek:

14. Abayomi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, maybe for now don't think so much about your dreams. Instead, focus on what you think about when you're awake. Have you ever tried crossdressing? Doing it alone in your room is harmless, and you seem to want to try it... So why not give it a shot? The worst that'll happen is... You feel kind of silly at the end, but that's it. You don't have to feel strange for having those thoughts, lots of people have those same thoughts. Some of them are transgender, some of them are genderless, or merely curious, etc... You wouldn't be the only one that's for sure, and there's nothing wrong with it :slight_smile:

15. I'm thinking this may be the answer. I've always wanted to try out female clothes, but I've always been so scared... of people staring or something. :rolle: Or like try out make up.. because honestly I feel like I would be expressing another "aspect" of myself. Maybe what I should do is find.. a nice outlet for it, like go to a local gay club? I know there are some guys who go in drag to there...

But I agree with you and everyone else, that most of the time there are no secret meanings. And some dreams, can truly be ridiculous. I could be Indiana Jones leaping over a river of crocodiles or something, and I know that would never happen in real life. :lol:

---------- Post added 10th Apr 2012 at 12:02 AM ----------

I think you're right, I should try it... I just have to stop being scared about it..

16. Eww

Eww Guest

ThinkingZeno, you are dreaming a natural, normal dream: you dream of being the person you admire (or admired) most. You are a gay man and it is natural at a young age to dream of the most important female in your life, because that is who mentored you and you looked up to her. It doesn't have to be mom- could be anyone. I admired my grandmother and wanted to be just like her when I grew up, though I am not transgendered or transsexual. Next time, endeavour to participate in your dream, to make things happen in the dream. You will learn and grow from it. This is who you are! Lots of love and blessings.

17. It wasn't anyone specific. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: So I couldn't tell you who the most "important female in my life" would be. Also I felt that I was her, I wasn't dreaming about someone else.. I was that woman

I will definitely try to participate and extend the dream more if it happens again! :slight_smile:

18. Eww

Eww Guest

Exactly what I mean: in your dream you were her. It doesn't matter in the end who it was because in the dream you became her. You see now?

---------- Post added 10th Apr 2012 at 12:04 AM ----------

Oh!-I think this is safe, I LOVE Tennessee, have a few very distant relatives there and I loved the one time I got to visit.