1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooking, baking & recipes!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BudderMC, Apr 9, 2012.

1. BudderMC

'Sup EC!

I'm just curious to see who here actually enjoys cooking and/or baking. Personally, I like both. I find baking is more of a science, which appeals to the scientist in me, but I like cooking meals I could (one day) be proud of :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But, I have an ulterior motive... :lol:. I figured we could share some sweet recipes that we've made, that someone else might enjoy. I'm always looking to expand my knowledge, so maybe someone else is too!

Let me start off with these:

Chocolate Chip Cookie (the one that took 14 years to find) « Catching Pennies

(it probably doesn't help that I'm waiting for my dinner to cook while I hungrily write this post...)

2. Vesper

I'll admit that I'm not exactly a good cook, but I do sometimes try to make meals more complicated than spaghetti or frozen dinners, which constitute my usual fare.

Pad thai is one of the dishes that I like to make while I have the time. My family has taken to putting pad thai sauce on just about everything because we love the taste.

Naengmyeon is one of my favorite dishes, but I have never tried making it before. There's a place in China that sells pretty much nothing BUT naengmyeon, and I loved that place.

I don't bake often, but it is pretty fun, especially when I'm not accidentally melting plastic lids inside the oven. I have weaknesses for chocolate chip cookies, brownies, and cinnamon rolls.

#2 Vesper, Apr 9, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  3. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some shameless self-promotion. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I love cooking - and baking even more so! It's one of the few things I'm halfway decent at. As far as recipes go, I've got several. I'm in the process of organizing them all at the moment, but will happily share some soon.

4. Bolin

But a sample...

I love cooking! :grin: I didn't use to like it, but when I started losing weight last year, I started to try to cook. I guess I'm fairly new at it. XD I have a few of my delicious yummies in the album, but I have a lot more that I want to try. My favorite recipe is my spicy chicken tenders sandwich on Texas toast with my special spicy sauce...but I forgot the recipe since it's been a couple of years since I made it. I'll remember it, though. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Xeno

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not much of a cook, but I love to bake stuff and they usually turn out well, this is my favorite recipe.

6. BudderMC

Mmm... those all look good. I really want to make pad thai now (I kinda tried once, but it was more an assortment of noodles with vegetables... not exactly proper). And those pics... I'm impressed :thumbsup:

Anyone know of anything good I can do with a block of creamcheese, besides spread it on toast? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    CHEESECAKE!!!! :eusa_droo Although the recipe I like best calls for no less than 5 (count 'em, 5 blocks of cream cheese), so it's significantly less healthy (but oh-so-worth-it!)

Or cream cheese frosting for cupcakes (red velvet, of course, for tradition's sake. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

8. BudderMC

^ Hm, maybe I'll go frosting then. It's just that I had a block of creamcheese sitting that I might as well use up. I don't have a springform pan though, I really should invest someday... (cheap baker is cheap :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

9. vyvance

Surprisingly good considering the limited ingredients, at least the ones I tried anyway. Link

10. BudderMC

^ I definitely read that as Depression Cooking, as in cooking for when you're depressed. And then I got it afterwards :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. BudderMC

Bumping this!

Anyone got something for ground beef? Seems all I ever do with it is make some pasta sauce with it... getting a little boring. I tried making meatballs (porcupines?) with it last time, and they were alright, but nothing special. But yeah, anyone got anything? I'd be grateful :grin:

12. Luxord

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ohh soo many recipies! i want to try to make them all but i know that i will get fat if i do. x3

13. turtlestyle

turtlestyle Guest

Make a chilli with the ground beef?

Get some kidney beans, onions, green peppers, garlic (a whole clove if you can), tinned tomatoes, chillies (preferably super hot XD), some beef/vegetable stock to help it boil down whilst cooking and a blend of chilli spices.

I tend to grind my own spice selection using a pestle and mortar. My normal selection includes cinnamon (1 quil, a lot less than quilava XD :slight_smile: ), cummin seeds (lots of), corriander seeds, cayenne pepper, paprika and some oregano (preferably fresh).

And you have to let it rest for a few hours before reheating to make sure that all the flavours have time to mingle with each other.

---------- Post added 23rd Jun 2012 at 07:40 AM ----------

Although I think that whilst we are on the subject of baking I should talk about the scotch bonnet fairy cakes I made once.

Same recipie as normal for fairy cakes but I decided to add some finely chopped scotch bonnets to them.

Made for some interesting reactions. One close friend of mine said that "only I could make something so wrong yet so right" XD.

14. Waffles

AHHH~ COOKING BUDDIES! (/>w<)/
    You are now all my cooking/baking friends... whether you want to or not. >w<
    For ground beef... have you tried stuffed peppers? They're fun to experiment with too~! ( .w.)b

Baking... so wonderful. -w- I like making Apple Crisp during the fall/winter months... and during the warmer months... cheesecake! :grin: As funny as it sounds, I got the recipe from a magazine... don't remember which one though. ( .n.)

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. She's such a funny cook. XD And on top of that, she's a lesbian! :grin: If you haven't already, you should watch her videos!

15. Deaf Not Blind

I NEED TO MEET YOU ALL!!!!

and i want you to bring me food.
    :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: