1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

:thumbsup: teents subject of the week

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teents, Jun 27, 2006.

1. teents

homophobic​

have you ever met a homophobic person or been attacked by a homophobic....

(1):tantrum: i know a person who live near me he beat up a kid because he fort he was gay ( in the end he found out he wasn't ke had a girl friend) i knew this person simce i was small nearly told him i was bi but dint....i never fort he would be like that... cuple of day l stoped talking to him in a way it was sad because we were close friends..

(2)i not a some :tantrum: homophobic peolpe i get on with them but i dont know if i should be friends with them or not because yes i dont agree with how thay are to gay poeple but thay have been my friend i got to know them wot do i do:help:

2. hakeem_uk

hakeem_uk Guest

am not really sure sorry maybe ask someone else here

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

One of my "friends" turned out to be VERY homophobic when I came out to him.

He had lived with me for a while when we moved to Hereford (just as flat-mates, separate bedrooms etc). He placed a personal advert in a tabloid newspaper, had just one response from a lady up in Scotland, and ended up moving in with her.

I came out to him by letter several months later, and received two pages of homophobic rantings back from him. Interestingly though his main concern seemed to be whether people in Hereford would think he was gay because he lived with me. Why should he care what people he no longer has any contact with think?

I always thought he was really gay and very closeted, and this reaction endorsed that view. Friends who knew him have said the same thing.

One of them wrote him a strong letter on my behalf and we received some halfhearted apologies in return.

I have recently heard (though not confirmed) that the lady in Scotland has recently come out as a lesbian. I just wish I could have seen his reaction to that! :lol: Though he will be in his late 30s now so maybe his views have matured? They will have been together for around 15 years and have two kids.

4. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    well i guess in that case u really need to ask urself if it might b different in ur situation...if u think that they would at least make an effort to accept u if they knew then i would say stay friends w/ them, but if u think they wouldnt or might even try to hurt u then dump them, theyr not worth ur time. Personally almost all my str8 guy friends r conservative (cept for like 2...ive already come out to him and he was totally fine w/ it...then i told him i had a crush on him and he was completely fine w/ that too...hmmm...) and they make offhand homophobic comments...although i know that theyd b friends w/ me if i told them cause they didnt really give me ne bs when i did the day of silence in april (in case ur not familiar w/ it its pretty much a day when ppl choose to b silent in order to raise awareness for the oppression of LGBT students in our schools)

5. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

dont know alot where im from.. maybe they're just not so openly-phobic... but i do know one girl in my class who's afraid of queens (no offense to anyone here).. besides that i think everyone i know is either friendly or not openly-phobic about it.

6. teents

i think were i live is full of them dont know why just is its a sham but it just how it is...thanks for you posteds

7. Mnstn

There is always those people at school who are homophobic or seem homophobic. They call people gay and freak out if someone does something that could even be mistaken as something affectionate towards the same sex. It just makes it all so much harder to come out at school.

8. chrisg

I went to an all-boys school, so most people there were incredibly homophobic. The very, very few people who dared to come out faced a lot of resistance and hatred, even from teachers and the priest!

9. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Interestingly I went to an all-boys boarding school and it was completely opposite. Quite a lot of "stuff" happened and the staff either didn't realise or ignored it. Which remonds me of another homophobic person from that time, in this case a housemaster.

This housemaster had not been with the school that long - a few months at the most - and was a devout Christain (probably a "born again" Christain). For example he tried to get some of us to go to the local church youth group which was a dive.....

Anyway, early one evening he caught me and another lad having some "fun" in the dormitory. The dorms were divided into individual cubicles, and he had to specifically come into the cubicle to see us and what we were up to, and he must have crept in very quietly. Most of the staff there would have walked on and ignored it (had they realised at all) and maybe coughed loudly or banged a door when just out of sight as a hint.

Not this one - he hit the roof with rantings about how the bible condems such things and how we were destined for everlasting hellfire etc. Much of this went right over our heads, fortunately. He marched us to the deputy headmaster's office and proceeded to tell him how evil we were.

After a couple of minutes the dep head silenced him and told us we could leave. The housemaster turned to leave with us but the dep head said "Not you Mr ....... - we need to talk". This was a couple of weeks before the end of term, and this housemaster was not there at the beginning of the next term......

I doubt that was the only incident that caused his departure though as he was unpopular with most of the boys and, I think, some of the staff.

10. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    wat boarding school is this? i think i might just need to apply there...that is, of course, if they let americans in...

11. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

It doesn't exist any more, unfortunately.....

It was one for boys with emotional issues etc (I was there as a result of being constantly bullied in primary school), and not a school where the parents pay fees.

#11 Paul_UK, Jun 28, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2006