1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lifestyle?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pain, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Pain

Pain Guest

Hello :slight_smile:
    So I came across literature regarding the nature of being gay-- it called into question the title "lifestyle," for being gay. I was wondering about people's opinions on whether it's right or just a misconception to call gay a lifestyle.

2. Cascade

I think it's a misconception. Gays essentially live the same lives as everyone else, just their choice of whom they go to bed with is different.

3. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's just a word, depending on how it's used it can be appropriate or inappropriate. In and of itself, it's not offensive or implying any misconception on anyone's part. Gay people do by definition lead different lives to heterosexual people in at least one respect, after all

4. KaotikPrincess

I consider a "Lifestyle" just the way in which someone lives, I don't think it means anything specific, like lots of people can live similar lifestyles but when it comes down to it everyone is unique. Every Lifestyle is unique.

5. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Allow me to present you with a dictionary refutation of why homosexuality isn't a lifestyle:

"'life•style also life-style or life style (n).
    A way of life or style of living that reflects the attitudes and values of a person or group'
    1. Your sexuality is not the sole determiner of how you behave or what your values are, therefore it is not a lifestyle.
    2. Not all homosexuals have the same attitude, behaviour or values, therefore it is not a lifestyle."

Homosexuality is the attraction to people of the same sex, nothing more nothing less.
    It doesn't determine or influence every facet of your life.

6. Bree

Personally, I find the word offensive. There's nothing wrong with it, except that it is constantly used by anti-gay people, so it's locked in my head as negative.

7. Pain

Pain Guest

I'm likin' how you all think. I tend to agree with these ^^

8. GoogieHowser

GoogieHowser Guest

I consider my "lifestyle" to be no different than anyone else's:
    [​IMG]