1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts we had as kids..

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ThinkingZeno86, Apr 14, 2012.

1. I was wondering where to put this.. so..

When I was little (3rd-4th grade), I always wondered what it was like to be pregnant. I felt like I could do it if I had someone by my side..

I also believed that I had someone special out there for me, and that I could contact her or him in my heart.. and they would hear me. That "soul mate" bit.

I was definitely a boy in elementary school, and acted very boyish. When I started hitting 7th grade, that's when I started questioning.. what it would be like to be a girl. It didn't really hit again until I was about 14. I remember talking to my Mom about it, because I felt like I could talk to her about anything -- sadly when it came to gender.. those things conversations never lasted very long, and as I was sensitive as a teenager.. I always ended up sad/depressed from them.

I've just always wondered.. if anyone else has had thoughts like these.. or others? I can't imagine that I would've been the ONLY kid out there, to think like that... :confused::eusa_doh:

2. IanGallagher

Basically just finding the right girl, which has always been there. And wondering, "um, okay, I want her - so why do I somewhat like him more than the other guys?" Being a dude who leans towards chicks with only a couple guys that stand out? Makes things extremely confusing lol. Not to mention when I was young those falsified reports that 'bisexuality doesn't exist' by the quack "scientist." Oh yeah also girls have cooties - stay away to - wanting to jump them lol. Gotta love that classic. Unsure if there's any switch in thinking for gay guys in that (?)

#2 IanGallagher, Apr 14, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  3. Interesting. I also seemed to be obsessed with finding the right person for me, I have no idea why. I attributed it to finding the right girl, because that's what was the "norm" and "acceptable". But yeah, sexuality is a very confusing thing. I still get somewhat turned on by women, but can't really see them as more than friends.. :eusa_doh:

4. Dalmatian

I also knew very well that there was the perfect girl for me somewhere and I was going to meet her. I also knew that before her I would have sex with other girls, maybe not as soon as I start getting my pubes, but definitely before I get as old as fifteen. Of course, what I didn't know was how exactly you force sperm to come out, but that was just a special kind of mental power that I would get to understand, so my orgasms would not be dry every time. And yes, girls were really just plain boring, to look at, to talk to, everything, but that would all soon change.

And yet I put myself asleep almost every night being in my fantasies a doctor who for some reason had to examine my especially cute male classmates naked.

5. nicecoolguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Am I gonna have a nightmare tonight? I hope not! Lol, yeah it was an issue. But yeah, also finding the right girl, and obsessing over the current girl I was thinking about and hoping she would be in my dreams instead of something weird or scary.

6. Naren

I always used to wonder why I wasn't like the guys, what it would be like to be a girl, all those things. It was all the time too, though I never made the mistake of asking an adult about it. Then I was introduced to the world of LGBT and I figured out what I was. That's pretty much it, though I still ask myself lots of questions.

7. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I recall correctly, the majority of my youth was spent trying to find the perfect cape for the various roles I frequently played while dressing up. Capes dominated my thoughts as a child.

8. sanguine

that sounds pretty cool, when i was waaaaay younger all i ever cared about was turning everything in the living room into a camp site, with the sofa cushions as the walls and every blanket i could find as the roof, i loved making mazes out of them also

as for the thought train, i wanted to be a super saiyan LMAO, DBZ was what dominated my child hood, in terms of sexuality, i knew what i wanted but did anything possible to not think about it, its just not cool being the gay kid, although from time to time i did imagine life with kids, just not with a girl, heck i still do that now, maybe one day.......

9. KaotikPrincess

lOl I have always wondered what it would be like to have a penis or what it feels like for a guy when he has sex, the thought has always and still does cross my mind to this day. It's not like I want to be a guy, I LOVE being a woman and am so proud to be one. Just those thoughts always haunt me, like I would wanna be a guy for one day just to see what it's like. Also I wonder if I were a guy for a day if my mentality would change, if I would still be myself in my head or if I would think like a guy or become more horny than I normally am as a girl. lOl it's all very silly. :lol:

10. fatalmoon91

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    as a kid my curiosity led me to something luckily i would never try to find out on my own. I always wondered what death was like. I wouldn't try it. I didn't feel like something like suicide would give me the answer i was looking for. but that curiosity was always in my dark consciousness.

11. Paper Heart

I was terrified as a kid when I realized how easy it would be for someone to light my house on fire.

12. So do y'all think such thoughts mean anything? I guess they can, or might not -- but like in the broader context.. of hints at who we are as individuals, before we consciously understood what things like "gay" or "lesbian" or "transgendered" even meant?

13. Dalmatian

Of course it does, broadly speaking. Not every fortress you make means you are an engineer type, not every coffee you make for your imaginary friends means you are an emotional type. But in general, the future personality can almost always be deduced very early. An aggressive or calm person, highly organized and strong on logic or empathic, sensitive or lethargic, these can be seen at a very young age. And I think homosexuality can also be pinpointed long before puberty.

14. PerfectInsanity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Early non-sexual fantasies I had about guys when I was a kid usually involved wanting physical contact in the form of hugging/snuggling together. Sometimes it was thinking about someone I had an innocent crush on in class or on some male child star of similar age I saw on TV. Although, at the time I just thought it had something to do with me being an only child and wanting a brother. Hindsight's 20/20.:eusa_doh:

15. Lewis

I used to be petrified of death as a child and have the strangest dreams ever. In regards to guys, I always used to dream about them and myself, but always involved a girl so that it didn't seem 'wrong'.

16. GayJay

Thinking of ways to make myself like boys.
    I always wondered what is was like to be a boy, and have boy parts.
    I still do wonder this 12 years on.

17. I'm sure you're glad you didn't tell an adult. I was one of those kids who always told their parents about mostly everything, unless I was misbehaving and knew I did something wrong. I'm still trying to figure out what my thoughts in the OP might've meant.. :confused:

---------- Post added 16th Apr 2012 at 11:46 AM ----------

Interesting, so what would you make out of my OP..?

#17 ThinkingZeno86, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2012
  18. RemyLeBeau

RemyLeBeau Guest

"Why is everyone making fun of me for being poor?!"

When 6 watching Adult Swim for the first time: "...I feel like I'm not supposed to watch this."

"I wish I was a cat..."

"Why am I finding that girl so attractive? I should ignore that feeling. Good plan."

In regards to Legolas. "She's so pretty, is there something wrong with me- OH THANK GODZILLA! It's a dude! I'm normal!"

And an obsession with the female body.

19. Emberstone

This one has stuck with me for nearly three decades, and was so fulfilled when it was asked on a episode of 30Rock: Do we all see the same colors? Do I see blue where you see green?

20. ArcherySet

ArcherySet Guest

1. I thought people actually 'grew up'
    2. I thought there was such a thing as justice
    3. I thought celebrities deserved their outlandish salaries.