1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

would you be the other?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by KatKut, Apr 14, 2012.

1. KatKut

would you have a relationship with a married man/woman?

I was in the not so distant past and I won't be anymore :slight_smile:

2. Bree

I would consider it with both of them, hehe.
    Not behind anyone's back. I got a first-hand seat to the aftermath of my sister cheating in grade ten, and am firmly set in cheating being completely unacceptable.

3. Sayu

I don't think so. It must be a bad feeling when you are the one who tears the family...

4. ThatCoopKid

No. I've seen first hand what being that person does to a family and I've sworn never to do that to anyone else.

5. Phoenix91

No I would not. I would hate to be a homewrecker and to me cheating is a big No No. There is a line that i will not cross and getting involved with someone who is already in a relationship is crossing it. Though being a realist, if i were to fall in love with someone who was in a relationship I would have to suck it up and keep those feelings locked in.

6. timo

No.

I'm 100% against cheating and pretty damn sure that when I'm in a commited relationship with a guy I love I would never cheat on him. That being said I don't think that, when a guy tells me he's married, I'd continue to see him like that. No matter how much I love him, it would just be wrong.

7. lighttrc

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No not ever, First because I knew how it feels to be cheated on.. And no way would I want to come between a family. Are be the reason why a family falls apart

8. Just Passing

I personally wouldn't. There's only a short amount of time when being involved in a cheating relationship is fun and it can only hurt everyone involved.

So no.

9. nicecoolguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Absolutely not. It wouldn't be fair to me or that relationship. I wouldn't wanna be responsible for any drama that ensued.

10. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would (and have), but only with everyone's consent. Otherwise, that's cheating and cheating is wrong.

11. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No. Absolutely not. I've seen what cheating can do to a relationship, and I'm not stupid, I learn from other people's mistakes.

But on the other hand; not everyone is totally honest and tells you upfront that they are married... So sometimes people get tricked into being the other man/woman, which is wrong on the cheater’s part for not mentioning the relationship first.

Willingly though, I would not. If the couple were in the midst of a breakup though I think it would be okay.

12. Bolin

No, absolutely not. And if the husband did want to date, I'd only date him after his breakup/divorce was 100% finalized, no loose ends left. I've seen first hand, four times in my own family, and I will not be the home-wrecker or that "other man." Even if they aren't even married and are just boyfriend/boyfriend, boyfriend/girlfriend. I don't have any respect for anyone who selfishly puts their own selfish desires before the one that's already in the relationship with your crush. Wait until everything is resolved, the two have broken up. Then make your move.

Sorry...I may have come off a little strong and opinionated, but after seeing my mom go through this once, my dearest cousin once, and my uncle twice and the people their significant others cheated with KNEW about their relationships, I just don't have any sort of respect for those selfish kinds of people.

13. Xeno

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope, I don't think I could do it without feeling guilty the whole time, especially if he had children.

14. sanguine

married men/women should be off limits right from the get go.

i dont understand how you can be in a relationship with someone married and actually know about it, i understand if you had no idea, or if the relationship is an open one (even if it were open i wouldnt go there), if said person was willing to finalize divorce, then thats another story.

i congratulate those who have left hetero marriage to be with the one they love though, imagine how hard that would have been, kudos to those few :eusa_clap

15. Yeah, I would maybe consider it if it was with someone who had an agreement with her primary partner(s) making it permissible to be with someone else. And my relationship with that person would have to follow the rules that her and her primary partner had agreed on. I don't like to be duplicitous and I don't like being involved in something that I know will hurt someone without very good reason.

16. RedRunWin

RedRunWin Guest

I would go there ONLY if their was no love left in the marriage.

I remember an episode of Saving Grace where Grace finds Rhetta's husband kissing a woman, and Rhetta tells Grace, "PLEASE, Grace, promise me you'll never make a woman feel this way. Promise me."

That really affected me in the way that I would never have a relationship with a married person if they were still in love, real love, not the kind on paper.

17. dreamcatcher

Never. Of course, if she didn't tell me beforehand that she was married, that's a whole other issue. In that case though, I would break it off immediately since I would not under any circumstances want to be involved with a married person. Even if she promised me to get divorced, it would still be a no since it shows me that the person does not value commitment as much as I do. Besides I don't want to be any girl's side thing or second best. I wanna be number one.

But to willingly put myself in a relationship where I know the other girl is married? No way. I've seen a lot of drama and a lot of hurt happen because of people who cheat. It tears families apart. And it is just beyond cruel if the spouse that was sleeping around got some kind of std like HIV and then passed it on to their unknowing spouse. I've known that to happen to some people and that's just terrible.