1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rebounds.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RainbowWolfie, Apr 15, 2012.

1. RainbowWolfie

In or out,
    Up or down,
    Depression sucks any way you slice it.

I thought I was doing better, is it possible to have relapses? It's not fair.

Anyone else have this problem and want to share?

2. Phoenix91

There are various types of depression out there. There is major depression (clinical depression) and chronic depression. Depending on the type you have your symptoms will vary. Also when having depression the person has their good days and bad days. You could be fine one moment and the next you feel sad. I personally have experienced a very mild form of depression especially when I was barely coming out of denial about my sexuality. I still have those days and they are not fun. I hide my depression from my family which makes it harder. I also have a friend who has clinical depression and she ended up having to get on anti depressants.
    I agree with you depression does suck and when you are in it remember to try to keep positive thoughts. Try to remain active in something whether it's talking a walk in fresh air or finding a hobby that makes you smile. I hope you feel better.

3. Mogget

Relapse is a normal part of recovery from mental illness. It's common, it's normal, it's even to be expected. However, you can use the tools you've learned in your recovery to make the relapse far less bad than the original depression.