1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stupidest Times When People Told You "That's Gay!"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Brenny, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Brenny

This kinda pisses me off. I know sometimes I even say "that's gay" or something like that. But there are so many instances where (straight) people say "it's gay" or "that's so gay" or crap like that over things that are in NO WAY related to homosexuality or stereotypes related to it.

For example: I was totally bored and I was digging through old boxed stuff and found my old favorite movie when I was a 6 year old kid. It was the Power Rangers movie. I watched pieces and fast forwarded through parts. Spent maybe a half hour just going over it and laughing at how cheesy a lot of it is. I was reminiscing and it brought back some good childhood feelings. It was kinda like watching an old home video. Anyway, I proceeded to toss it out along will all our old family VHS movies. Later I told my friend about it (I'm not out to her) and she texts back, "It's gay."

I couldn't tell if she thought me watching parts of it was gay or that Power Rangers itself is gay but either way it was kind of offensive. PR is cheesy and childish (and I am by no means into PR. Not since I was 8). The point is I see absolutely no correlation other than the rainbow suits. Oh and while I'm at it, just because something has rainbows or several bright colors, doesn't mean its GAY. Thank you.

Feel free to share any stories, experiences, or thoughts of times when people said, "that's gay" about something that absolutely wasn't.

#1 Brenny, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  2. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Back when I was closeted and self-hating, I once called a hotel door that I couldn't get opened a "faggot." XD

In my defense I didn't associate the word at all with homosexuality...still a stupid thing to do. And I find it funny now for some reason? Stupid inanimate (yet still somehow gay) door...lol.

#2 Browncoat, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  3. Atticus

I gave a speech on how ridiculous it was to call something gay, especially if it was an inanimate object. I heard, almost as soon as I sat down, someone say "god, that was gay." And I was ready to punch someone. My teacher really liked it though. She knitted me a scarf!

4. speedracing22

I was eating a salad once and my friends said "oh you're eating a salad again - - how gay". So I said back to him as a joke "yeah, wanna toss it for me?" lol. - - Since when is eating a salad gay lol?!?

5. Atticus

Depends on if you were using Ranch dressing. :icon_wink

6. speedracing22

hahaha! : P

7. Ridiculous

8. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There's been so many times where I have heard people say ''that's gay'' that I can't even think off the top of my head one particular instance lately.

9. Fiddledeedee

"This computer is so gay" about one at school which wasn't working for them properly (well, it worked fine but they weren't using it right).

It can be great fun to respond to someone saying something is gay by asking, in a sympathetic voice, if the [thing with [trait]] if it is a [thing] which only likes other [things with [trait]], e.g. if the widescreen computer only likes other widescreen computers and isn't attracted to ones with square screens at all.

10. GayJay

I told my brother i was trying to put on a little weight and he was like 'that make you so gay i would like to be your weight' i told him i don't think that's what makes me gay.
    He got really embarrassed and said i'm sorry i didn't mean it. I forget your really gay! Aw bless him.

11. HunterN95

Err, I don't have many times but I guess when playing an online game like Halo, when people get killed they say "Thats so gay" and stuff like that. But I won't lie, I often say "Thats gay" or "Ghey" but I don't mean it in the homosexual way at all. I personally have never been offended by such words, because usually MOST people don't mean it in a homophobic way.

12. Pain

Pain Guest

With how often I hear it, it does kinda offend me, or at least annoys me... One of my friends, in class, said something to which I made quite a witty remark. I can't remember what it was, but still... She replied with "You're gay." I said, "I know, Maggie"

13. Lad123

That's gay! :slight_smile: Only joking, but to be fair, its mostly women who eat salads all the time, maybe thats why your friend said it was gay?

Umm, I hear it all the time and I personally don't find it so offensive for some reason. I think its the tone used and whether there is any homophobic intent behind those words. Its just how language has evolved and the word gay is used that people don't consider what they say properly.

14. King

King Guest

Personally I think people need to get tougher skin... If somebody isn't saying "that's so gay" about you, there isn't any reason to be up in arms about it.

15. WookieCookie

Haha that just made my day. If someone says something is gay that I am doing, I just reply "thanks" or "thanks, I know it is pretty awesome". I like to look at their face after when they don't know about my same sex attraction (watch them slowly put it together). Then I give them a little wink (if male) and watch them be all kinds of uncomfortable haha. It does get annoying being around people like that though.

16. Brenny

Happens all the time! Seriously. Even if I was perfectly straight, I'd still eat salads regularly.
    "You need to eat more steak and potatoes like a man!" :/ Yeahhh... No.

17. flymetothemoon

My roommate says it all the time...she's constantly saying "that's so gay" and "that's so retarded" and both of them drive me insane! I've even told her that, and she still says it.