1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It gets old real fast........

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kronis Astar, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Kronis Astar

Kronis Astar Guest

I love my mom and sister to death,but sometimes I can't stand to be around them... It seems like every single day they have to bring up the subject of LGBT people and dog the mess out of us.. They have no idea about me because I know how they would react, but it really does get old after a while... I always try to make an effort to take up for all of us by defending my friends who are openly gay, but it does no good.. The way that they say the word "gay" disgusts me... They fill it with so much venom and hatred that it makes me get up and walk out of the room... Its like "hello there is nothing at all wrong with us!!!!!"

2. Phoenix91

I hear ya and I sympathize with you.

My family does the same thing. They have no idea about me so when they start talking about "those" people and start making snide comments it breaks a little piece of my heart everytime knowing that coming out to them is not an option in my near future or maybe never. When I try to defend gay people they are surprised and start yelling at me. In the end I walk away with my tail between my legs. Your right... They make us sound like some defective mutant.

3. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Mine does as well (especially my two brothers), although probably not as much as the OP's. It just makes it that much tougher for me to even think about making an attempt to come out.

4. Phoenix91

Yea the people we love the most and are most important to us end up hurting us the most and we just take it.

5. ArcherySet

ArcherySet Guest

If your immediate family (mother, father, sister, brother) are constantly, obsessively hating on gays, your only solution is to stand up and stand firm.

If you cannot directly combat them to alter their perceptions of the LGBT community, try attacking their negativity. Pull the topic of conversation away from the 'fact that gays are disgusting' and make them realize that 'hating people they don't know' is disgusting, talking about subjects they do not understand makes them ignorant, and flat out tell them you are sick of their crappy bias, negative attitudes and constant whining. Make them feel juvenile and immature, and their words are a total waste of air.

It may sound harsh, and they may not change their opinion of gays, but they might just shut the Hell up for a while, or keep their inane bull crap to themselves. Gay people are everywhere, doctors, teachers, social workers, police officers, paramedics, artists, gas station attendants, servers, cooks, you name it. For all their hate, their food is touched by gay people. Their children are taught by gay people, the movies they love are made by gay people, the fashion they love is made by gay people, and sometimes their very lives are saved by gay people. Members of their community and family that they claim to love, are gay.

Grow the bleep up.

#5 ArcherySet, Apr 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2012
  6. BudderMC

No. Safety first, personal values second.

By all means if you want to stand up for yourself (and against them), then do it. But I'd at least advise you to have some sort of personal back-up plan in place, whether it be for emotional, financial, residential, etc. problems that might arise as a result of your standing up for what you want. Particularly if you aren't financially independent.

7. Naren

My dad's like that. Anything to do with LGBT is abnormal and incorrect. So are a lot of my friends. Which is the main reason I'm still in the closet.

8. BajanBoy13

I hate when my family do this I just get so pissed of I'm just like shut the fuck up OK? It mostly my dad and brother but not my mum I think she knows.I've been like slipping her hints,yesterday we where looking at schools and she said this ones has way more boys than girls and I said 'fine by me' :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. Finding Peace

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    i understand im a big family guy but when i start having these feelings i could't tell anyone in my family do to the fact that most of them dislike gay people it's been a long time i been stuck in the closet i just want my freedom my aunt im her fav but she hate's gay people and my mom is diffrent she said one time that she just doesn't like the choice of being gay and said she is glad she didnt have any gay son's you know the feeling when you about to throw up well yeah that is how i feel everytme my family bring's it up around me like im so nerves that i get sick