1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharon Needles- Drag Queen

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beachboi92, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Beachboi92

Anyone else watching RuPauls Drag race and obsessed with Sharon Needles? For some reason I can't get enough of her (I even bought a T-shirt with her face on it). I'm personally rooting for her to win but if Chad does i'll be ok with that (as long as that b*tch Phi Phi doesn't!). The more I learn about Sharon the more entertained I am by her, everything that comes out of her mouth makes me smile or laugh, and from what I understand her shows are actually very interesting performance art pieces (that are also apparently incredibly offensive to some :x). Here is a picture…

[​IMG]

anyone else have opinions on her or RPDR?

2. Atticus

Sharon Needles is not my favorite of this season. Latrice Royale was my favorite. My all time favorite queen is Raja Gemini. I'm in love with her. She's fantastic. Second favorite is Raven from season two.

To me, Sharon pulls the same sort of thing every episode. Latrice brought a lot of realness to the show. I gag on Chad's excellent Cher. PhiPhi is a little obnoxious though.

3. Ben

Ben

I think Ongina was my favourite ever, but I tend to like the plus size queens most of the time, like Jiggly Caliente and Latrice Royaaaaaale.

Sharon Needles is a bit different, which is awesome. And she's pretty.

4. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dig Sharon! And this is the first season where I can honestly say I don't care who wins. They are all so good! I don't care much for Phi Phi, but she's very talented. And Chad is just superb! :grin:

Latrice was probably my favorite too, and I liked Willam. The only thing I didn't like was Latrice's braying laugh that she'd do in every episode while they were talking backstage.

And I've been watching this show since season 1 and still don't understand half of their slang. xD I've yet to figure out what exactly "realness" is, or how one can "serve it".

5. Atticus

From what I understand, "realness" just means "reality factor." Like "country realness" when Mystique was in the bottom two from the Country Queens episode. I gather it means one is serving a sort of modern, realistic take on a certain thing. "Serving it" means to give something with a whole lot of attitude and fierceness.

Also, Latrice's laugh was my favorite part of her being on the show.

6. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Thank you. :slight_smile: I'd been wondering about that since the beginning of the series.

7. CrystalDecanter

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I live for Sharon Needles! She had me at "beautiful, spooky, and stupid" (her description of herself in the season premiere).

Willam grated on me at first, but she's grown on me. Her Chick-Fil-A parody video was freaking hilarious:
    Chow Down (at Chick-fil-A) - YouTube

I dig Latrice Royale, although I don't think she had what it takes to win. She's got my vote for Miss Congeniality. Maybe we'll see more of her on Drag U this summer.

To learn some of the drag slang, watch "Paris Is Burning." I think it's on Netflix. It's a documentary about the ball scene in New York in the late 80's. As a bonus, you'll also learn about the origins of voguing.

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry...what? She has given us difference throughout. She's shown she can be spooky, funny, edgy, pretty, every god damn thing a queen needs. She is the winner of this season without a doubt, honestly if Phi Phi wins I jump out a window cause she's a b**ch who does not deserve it. She had a bad attitude throughout the competition, namely to Sharon but to others too. She should not win. If Chad wins I won't be like...furious, but I'll still preach that Sharon should have won.

Don't get me wrong, last year I was in love with Raja, but I don't know what it is about Sharon, just every freaking time I hear her, see her, read something about her, I gag. Raja, honestly she only was on me when ON Drag Race. And while yes, Sharon is still on the show atm, I think I'll still be a fan afterwards. I want to buy the signed autograph photo but because I live in Canada it's $26.99 for shipping instead of just $6.99 :frowning2: and I just can't afford that on top of the $30 price...:frowning2::frowning2::frowning2: I will maybe get a shirt at some point but for now just can't. Though the upside is she Liked the banner I did of all her runway looks on Facebook. And that meant a lot to me. <3

9. Atticus

I haven't watched this season as religiously so maybe I've just been seeing the episodes where she pulls her signature Manson-esque look. I'm just not in love with her. It also may have something to do with how I keep comparing her to Raja in my head.

I agree though. If Phi Phi wins, I'm going postal. I'd love for Chad to win.

10. HunterN95

I LOOOOOVE Drag Race! I used to adore Sharon, but after seeing that she "likes" Jeffrey Dhamer on facebook, I am now a bit creeped by her :/

11. FruityFascism

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sharon is a fierce queen that speaks to freak in all of us. I really hope she wins. :]

12. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't believe the shocker that Ru pulled on us though. Don't forget to tweet your vote for your queen, SHARON, Chad, or Pee-Pee... oops sorry, Phi Phi.

13. Just Adam

Ok freaky as Hell ... But captivating. Why havnt i seen this in the uk >>

I must watch on youtube !

14. Just Adam

They only got ep 1 :frowning2:

15. seeksanctuary

I absolutely LOVE Sharon.

Honestly, I don't hate Phi Phi. I don't LIKE Phi Phi, but I hate her far less after watching the Untucked episodes and closer to the end... that said, I don't think she's ready. She is not ready to win this. She needs to grow up more, and honestly, what she did to Jiggly was not at all acceptable. But she has worked hard and she has improved a lot, so I won't be horribly upset if she wins it.

But I want Sharon to win, or Chad. I love Chad's maturity and how he resisted getting in the middle of catfights. She's special, and I think she deserves to win. I don't think Sharon will win it, but I want her to! She's unique, fun and while I think she needs to mature a bit more, she's got the right attitude.

Latrice, Willam, Sharon, and Chad are my favorites. :]

16. littleroman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    (!):lol::kiss::slight_smile::grin::smilewave ohhoney i love sharn needles i watch her shows on youtube everyday and she is amazing

17. TestingitOut

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had to stop for a second before I realized how old this thread is lol.
    But yeah, Sharon is one of my all time faves!