1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asian and Caucasian Couples

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Flow, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Flow

Do they exist in the gay community? I know theres ton's in the Straight community.. but I hardly ever see any Asian and Caucasian guys. In no way am I trying to make this into a racial debate, I'm just curious as to how many types of couples(Gay or Straight) are around the world lol.

2. BudderMC

Really? I feel like I see very few Asian/Caucasian couples (even straight) to be honest.

Think about it, you're bound to see less than 1/10th of the number of straight couples running around. Add on the fact that (IMO) Asian/Caucasian couples are more rare to begin with, and that certain factors limit these groups from "coming out" (i.e. traditional Asian upbringings), there probably aren't many.

Not saying they don't exist, but I'd think it's definitely a minority, lol.

3. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I've known a few. I have a couple of Asian friends who've been in relationships with white guys.

4. LauraMarie

ya my friend and his bf dated they were a super cute couple

5. Flow

I guess it varies when it comes to different areas. In my area, Theres a pretty large amount of Caucasian men and Asian women. Not much of the other way around but I can say I've been in this smaller minority.

Awesome!

6. Bosco

Yea I've known a few as well.
    I guess it also depends on where you live right?
    Toronto is a giant multicultural centre so it makes sense that it's not really all that rare here.

7. Porphyrogenitus

I know one gay couple, and a lot of straight ones.

8. djt820

When you live in Los Angeles, Asians are very abundant; white guys not too much (at least in my part of town).

9. lilyoflife

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    asian gays do exist, just not out of the closet. google gay chinese men and see if that answers your curiosity.

10. Ben

Ben

Yep, I know two same-sex couples where one is an asian and the other white. : )

11. Yuya

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm an asian guy and my bf's australian. You might see abit of him in my albums :slight_smile:

12. Bolin

Maybe it's just my town, but the only interracial Asian romantic relationship I've seen was between an Asian guy and a Black girl at my high school.

13. Zapha

From what I've seen, it seems that many (the majority?) of asian gay guys are desperate for a white boyfriend - unfortunately, the converse doesn't seem to be true :S

The asian/caucasian couples I've seen are usually where you have an old Caucasian guy with a young asian guy.

I know this is horribly stereotypical (I don't meant to offend anyone!), but this is just my observation when I've been out.

14. EndlessMusic

EndlessMusic Guest

Minority of a minority, so to me it's more rare.
    But I live in a pretty multicultural place so you do spot them once in a while
    AUSTRALIA REPRESENT!

15. Remoteboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Mm I'm Asian and the only guy I've ever dated was Caucasian. I don't think I have a preference, there are just way more white guys in Sydney.

16. Kidd

Kidd Guest

The only Asian/Caucasian gay couple I've ever seen was on television, Riley and Zane from Degrassi.

17. TanSays

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I am an Asian woman and my girlfriend is Caucasian :slight_smile:

18. FJ Cruiser

I've seen a few gay Asian/White couples I guess, but I've never really paid attention. Houston is one of the world's greatest melting pots, so I can't imagine that there's a lack of any particular pairing of ethnicities, gay or straight. Head to Montrose (Houston's gay neighborhood) and I'm sure you'll spot a few.

19. sunfun1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes, I agree with most. It really all depends on where you live at in the world I guess. I live in Southern California where there is a really large Asian population. I am white, and my partner of 6 years is asian. We have lived together for over 5 years, and will hopefully be together for life. I dont know what first attracted us to one another as a couple, but now we have lived together for so long that I really dont think either of us even think about the race issue. The only issue there we have had is his family. Believe it or not, his family does not object to him being gay, but they seem to think its odd that hes dating a white person. Outside that, no issues here. We also have many friends who are white and asian gay couples....again I guess it could be our location.

And to answer to Zapha (and not I dont think you meant it as something negative, just what you see in your area) but me and my partner are both the same age, and have similar education / incomes / etc.

#19 sunfun1, Jun 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  20. Stonkle

Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I live up in the northwest, so a lot of Asians (Indian and Korean mostly) seemed to have settled around her. My mom is Asian while my step-dad is Caucasian. I see White-Asian couples just walking down the street or through the school hallways all the time. I assume that it really comes down to the area. Some are desolate of Asian/caucasian couples while some are pretty common.

Now with GAY Asian/Caucasian couples, I honestly haven't seen any yet, but I doubt that we wouldn't have some around here. (Especially around Capital Hill, also popularly known as "gay town")*

Personally, as a full asian, I tend to have preference towards white people, which my mom is probably estactic about. However, being of strict Asian status-oriented catholic upbringing, she probably wouldn't be too happy to learn I had a preference to white women. So I guess you could also blame culture.