1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you stereotypical?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Menaki-Neko, Apr 20, 2012.

?

Are you stereotypical?

1. Yes, I'm am very stereotypical

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  2. I'm am somewhat stereotypical

22 vote(s)
    18.5%
  3. Only a little bit

42 vote(s)
    35.3%
  4. No, not at all

37 vote(s)
    31.1%
  5. I don't know

14 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. Menaki-Neko

Fargo North Dakota, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    I've met some pretty stereotypical people, but what about you?

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I marked somewhat because I was born female but I enjoy the typical guy activities and wear guys clothes. But I also identify as pangender. Most people see me just as "one of the guys" now.

3. starfish

Nah man, I upgraded a long time ago. I'm surroundtypical now.

4. Andane

Well, as far as being a stereotypical gay, no, not really. I mean I'll admit I don't mind stuff like musicals or a couple Lady Gaga songs or something, but I don't really act stereotypical in the slightest really. It's not like I'm trying to hide it either, it's just how I normally am =P And personally, the kind of people who exemplify the stereotypes kind of annoy me, especially if they're doing it on purpose.

5. NoName114

NoName114 Guest

I am a bit, but everyone has stereotypical traits, there's nothing wrong with that, as long as that is you and not a stereotype

6. speedracing22

I'm not a stereotypical gay/bi guy. I might like a few "stereotypical" things here and there, but nothing that someone else would really notice.

It's hard when it comes to dating / meeting people though, because most guys aren't going to approach a guy who they think is straight, and me not being "out" makes it even harder to meet people like me.

7. ultrabluecheese

On many occasions, I've been told that I'm "incognito." Not that I'm masculine by any means, but I'm not feminine either. As my friend once told me, I'm rather "vanilla"; as in, I just "am." I have to admit, though, that my friend's description is quite profound. :lol:

8. Metal

Not at all

9. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hate this question. I am incapable of determining whether or not I myself am stereotypical, because I can't see myself as a third party would be able to in order to best answer the question.

But just for kicks: Most of the time I don't think I am, but it probably shows more than I realize. So I'd say I am a little stereotypical.

10. sanguine

im comfortable enough to say yes i am stereotypical at times thats why i voted only alittle bit, but who isnt??? i think being alittle camp or butch comes with the territory of being gay anyways

i think i was more flamboyant while in the closet., i was so scared of looking like a sissy i was probably acting like one subconsciously.

i dont deny my gayness, it actually makes me happy sometimes to know it will never bother me anymore

11. Ridiculous

I'm not stereotypical enough for someone to pick out I'm gay straight away, but I'm stereotypical enough that if someone was told there was a gay guy in the room they would probably say it was me.

Hah!

12. Brenny

It is a hard question to answer. When I was younger I figured I was very in between. Not typically guyish but not stereotypically gay. I think most people treated me as if I was neutral.

Looking at myself now, I am a little/somewhat stereotypical. But some people don't seem to have a clue and others think I'm totally gay. So idk. I lack interest in sports and male competition. Hate getting dirty. I like shopping to a certain extent. Dressing and grooming nice is very important. I get along with girls better. I like some tv and music that girls tend to like more. I cook, I clean. I don't consider myself very attractive but I have been called "pretty boy" by many. And I occasionally catch myself with the limp wrist thing or crossing my legs.

You'd think these things would be enough get noticed by other gay guys. No the gays I see around almost always take notice of the straight guys with me. "Hello! He's not gay! I am!!!"

#12 Brenny, Apr 20, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  13. lilyoflife

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i personally dont know, what do you think sanguine?
    i know that a girl in my grade thought i was a lesbian because i was looking at my friends boobs. i am different but i dont think being bisexual made me different, i was always different in my way of thinking. i dont think i am.

14. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Somewhat, and not ashamed of it. I hate makeup and shopping and dress like a preteen boy. Doesn't make me a worse person, mean that I enjoy making life harder for more feminine lesbians, or that I'm the reason that homophobia exists. (All crap I've heard about more 'stereotypical' queer people.)

15. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am not stereotypical at all.

Hell, no one has any idea at all that I am bisexual.

16. sanguine

not very stereotypical either in my opinion, the guys will agree with this too, i dont think anyone takes you seriously when you say your bisexual

17. lilyoflife

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    lol not unless i ask them if they wanna watch :wink:

18. needshelp

as a gay guy, no.

as a black person, uhhhhhhhh... i'll get back to you on that one.

as a male, uhhhhh don't know about that one either.

19. Mobiusponder

I don't think so, but I'm growing my hair out now. Is that a stereotypical thing to do? How stereotypical? Scary!

20. Lewis

Only very very little. I was more so as a child, I've seen videos that are cringe-worthy, me flouncing around with my really camp voice, both which have now diminished. I just come across like a somewhat eccentric average guy now.

Saying that I have walked past two girls before which both said in a highly sarcastic manner, 'he's not gay at all...' which offended me at the time because I still didn't accept it myself. Nowadays I'd just laugh it off.