1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is there a place for me to go

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teents, Jun 27, 2006.

1. teents

i live near london and wounder is the a place in london or kent were a crossdress
    my age (15 )could go eg a club or a hall or soem think any think were i can meet over poeple like me ?????

2. Micah

Being in Melbourne, Australia I don't have much knowledge of such places in London. However, I know that such places exist over here. If a youth group for crossdressers exists, it's sure to be listed by most gay/lesbian youth groups and support groups.

I'd suggest that you contact a local support group for GBLT and ask them. :slight_smile:

3. Jo A

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi,

I'm afraid I don't really know what to suggest. Back when I finally decided to do something about being TS, I tried to find some group meeting to go to; and went to a couple. The groups I found were primarily TV/CD, there weren't many TS folk went to these meetings and those that did (me included) didn't stick around all that long. The problem I found was simply related to the differnce between TS women and CD/TV men; their genders are not the same. TS women are women; TV/CD men are men, who don't wish to change their gender, and just like dressing in women's clothes and taking on another persona; it's an act.

So I found I didn't really fit in; I was a woman in a group where the great majority of the people there were men. About the only benefit of attending these groups was that I got yet further confirmation that I wasn't CD/TV and was definitely not a man, though.

What did work; when trying to meet other TS folk, was to join a private email list, (in this case it was a TS/TV/CD/transgender list) get to know the TS folk on there and let them get to know me, and eventually arrange to meet up somewhere once we felt comfortable about it. Several of my closest friends are people I met in this way, people I've known now for about 7 or 8 years now.

What you'll find, unfortunately, is that a lot of TS men and women are "stealth", they don't want anyone to know they're TS and don't like hanging around with other TS people. I've had some friends disappear and want nothing to do with me once they're some way past transition because of this.

Sorry I can't be more positive; there's not really that many TS people in any given area and not really enough to sustain any regional regular group meetings; so the best you can really hope for is to get to know individual people like yourself; establish a friendship and try to get to meet up somewhere.

Regards, Jo

4. teents

thanks any way