1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else have this problem? XD

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Waffles, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Waffles

The problem is this: WHY IS EVERYONE TALLER THAN ME?!
    I swear, I didn't think 5'9 was short until high school. XD Everyone's like "don't mind me, I'm only 6'3 and I'm short". It's depressing... seriously. It's embarassing when you're an upperclassman who has to look UP to talk to freshman. DX

Who else has this problem? ( -n-)

2. Mogget

3. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Psh, I'm 21 and I'm 5'5 which means that you are taller than some kid that goes to college, so don't feel short by any means :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I know it may be annoying, but its your height and there is nothing you can do about it. The only thing you can do is accept for what it is, be happy with it and then work it! Seriously, own your height and know that its so insignificant that it doesn't change anything at all unless you let it.

Its pretty much like coming out, but for your height haha See, being gay teaches you oh so many things! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. ultrabluecheese

I'm 20, and I"m 5'5" (165cm). So, you can imagine how embarrassed I get when I talk to a college freshman who literally towers above me! It's okay, though, because I tend to make a joke out of it. I have a friend who's 6'2", and whenever I see him, I always tell him, "I can't see the sun!" :lol:

The most embarrassing part is that I've been pulled over—on many occasions—for underage driving. :confused:

5. Vesper

I would be deliriously happy to be 5'9"...but alas, I'm stuck at 5'2". It certainly feels like everyone is taller than I am.

6. Cnidocyte

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm 6'1''... so no. I do enjoy being tall.

I don't consider 5'9'' to be short. My best friend is 5'1/2'', she is short. She's always so happy when she notices that she is taller than someone else (besides little kids, she gets upset when there are little kids taller than her).

7. Zontar

I wish I was shorter.

8. UnAmourFatal

I'm 2 metres tall, that'd be like 6'6"-7" I guess, go figure:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. JRNagoya

I capped out at 5'11 1/2". Mother Nature just deemed I wasn't worthy enough of the grand 6' mark. My dad's 6'3", yet my mom barely comes up to underneath my chin. I guess that's what held me back all these years.

10. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have never once wished to be taller than I am. I'm somewhere between 5'10" and 5'11". Actually I have sometimes wanted to be shorter, just for funsies.

Generally though I don't think about my height or the height of others. It just never crosses my mind.

11. Waffles

I guess I sounded a lil whinny in my OP. XD
    I guess what I was trying to get at is "does anyone else find it funny that you have to look UP to people younger than you?"...
    *sits in corner of "OTL"-ness*

12. Bolin

I've had my height measured 4 times: I was 6'1" by the end of 9th grade, I got measured at the doctor's office twice, once was 6'2" and the second time was 6'2 1/2", and I got measured by my friend's mom and it came up 6'2 1/2"...so somewhere between 6'2 and 6'2 1/2". xD

Surprisingly, in my town, I'm kinda just slightly above average, and there are a very good many guys that are taller than me. XD I've actually wished I were shorter sometimes, but I've grown to accept my height. :lol:

13. vyvance

5'11" and I looked up to most where I went to high-school. A friend's son is 14 and he is 6'3" already. Wtf is that.

14. Brenny

5'9 really isn't bad! That is the average height for men around here isn't it? I'm 5'9 also. I always thought that I'd want a tall girl who is 5'9 just like my mom... (Weird? Maybe. Don't judge) So I felt like I needed to be a couple inches taller so that I'd be bigger than my girl. And then I realized I'm gay. I'd rather not be taller than my boyfriend so now I don't worry so much.

And if you happen to be thin (like me) then more height really wouldn't help the situation anyway.

#14 Brenny, Apr 21, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  15. RedKnight

I'm 5'10 and shortest out of my guy friend but taller than all my girl friends, go figure.

16. FJ Cruiser

Since middle school I've gone to schools where ethnicities who tend to be shorter predominate, so at 5'9" I've been a little bit taller than average in a crowd. Among my friends I'm shorter, but when it comes down to it, it's only a couple of inches and it doesn't affect anything. Sure, I would like to be taller, but I'm okay with my height.

17. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I've always been kinda tall, and I'm about 0.0018km now. So yeah, I'm taller than a lot of folks, but every now and then I'll have to look up to see someone's face.

18. Mobiusponder

I'm 6'1. In short, you're short!
    ... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

19. Lad123

Huh 5'9 is a nice height! I'm 23 and 5'7 u_u... although being asian is a nice excuse ^^

20. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I'm about 5'8 and I guess I would consider myself on the slightly taller side of average. So, 5'9 isn't short by any means!