1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would weird eyes scare you off?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lilbitlost, Apr 23, 2012.

1. lilbitlost

Ok so i'm just randomly pondering things atm. Since im back to being single again (and trying to figure out what im after, oh the joys!) ive started wondering if people place an importance on perfect eyes. I was born with Duane's Syndrome (for those of you who have watched/liked red dwarf you have to imagine me going 'Duane Dibley?!' everytime i mention my syndrome :icon_bigg) basically it means i have crazy eyes! Well they look normal most of the time, but one is always stubborn and just refuses to move out of the middle, it likes it there, its its happy place! Most of the time i dont notice im doing 'freaky eyes' at people, however sometimes i find people givng me really weird looks. The eyes are the windows to the soul (supposedly) so how important would you guys rate it for people to have 'normal' eyes?

I'm only asking this in half seriousness, so silly replies are most welcome :icon_wink

2. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Well, I'm slightly crossed eyed!! :frowning2:

I discovered it last year I was like.. :eek:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I can't complain. If I get to know them, I don't think i'd mind.

But eyes are one of the most important features I'd say.

3. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It would depend on the kind of weird you have in mind. In terms of being cross-eyed, it might take getting used to but I wouldn't just reject a person for something that they can't help.

I can say for sure that I'm definitely attracted to quirky/unusual eyes. For example, Allison Harvard from America's Next Top Model is one of my favourite models and she has the most AMAZING eyes:

[​IMG]

4. lilbitlost

Wow her eyes look like shes an anime char ^^ I cant stop staring at them!

I dunno if youd define my eyes as cross eyed or not, ones perfectly normal and they only look odd if i look to the side. It does mean i have a head tilt, but i dont notice that so i wouldnt expect anyone else too lol!

5. needshelp

yes, i've met two people like that in person. one was a guy and another was a woman that went to the same high school as me that was a class above me. their eyes matched their personalities, both creepy and haunting.

6. IamwhoIam12

Well, honestly, probably. I have a thing about eyes. I wouldn't call it a fetish but it's definitely an obsession with cool eyes. To me, if the person's eyes were "weird", they could be a distraction. But, ultimately, personality is the dominant thing that has to be good in a relationship.

I hope all that made sense.

7. lilbitlost

Creepy? Im not creepy am i?! :icon_sad:

8. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It wouldnt bother me, I mean the first few times I saw it it might catch my eye but it wouldnt put me off dating someone.

9. RemyLeBeau

RemyLeBeau Guest

My Uncle Steve has weird eyes. One looks at you and the other just kinda does its own thing. He's like Mad Eye Moody without a magical teaching degree. It doesn't bother me at all, but sometimes I haven't a clue if he's talking to me or someone on the other side of the room.

Personally, I don't look people in the eye unless I'm forcing myself to or I'm feeling emotional towards them (anger, etc), so I wouldn't know. The weirdest thing my eyes do is change colors from light to dark blue, warm gray, steel gray, and green.

Even so, weird eyes probably wouldn't bug me in the slightest unless they were falling out and rolling away.

10. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Another person with amazing eyes is Amanda Swafford, who was also on ANTM (different season to Allison) - also she's partially blind:

[​IMG]

11. lilbitlost

This really made me giggle :icon_bigg
    I am jealous of your colour changing eyes though, thats all kinds of funky.(!) Mine just vary between looking slightly more blue to slightly more grey.

12. needshelp

no no.. you're not creepy. :grin: unless you've done the following things i'm about to put on those two people.

those other two people on the other hand, if you ever had to deal with them, then you would agree. the woman i'm talking tried to date my brother, my friend, had something going on with somebody else, and she was basically getting her pimp on. something wasn't right with her. met her mom who also had the same eyes at my job one day when they both came in and she was weird too because she just got irritated and ran off to the liquor store next door. then she tries to strike a conversation with me but i had to let her know that i wasn't falling for that. she probably knew that i was gay because i didn't even have any interest in going out with her. this was sometime before i came around to questioning my sexuality.

the guy on the other hand, he was hawt. :icon_bigg he was a tall hawt skinny guy but there was something that i couldn't put my finger on. i guess that me being in denial that i was attracted to him made me think that he was a weirdo. he was so hot that he would make me have panic attacks when i would see him. he really had me scared. he would pop up with his two friends who i still see come into the job often but i knew something was up with him. i think he was gay too and his gaydar probably tingled around me. i kept running into him at the mall, at white castle and etc. last time i saw him was 2010 @ the best buy parking lot by route 22.

but funny story though, i was on this dating site awhile back and i think i ran across his profile. it looked like him or a much older version. he moved across the river and if that was him, i guess him coming into the job on some boogieman stuff makes sense because his profile says that he's gay. with that said, i don't think i want to move over to new york out of fear that i might run into him again. he scared me and still does.

#12 needshelp, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012