1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relationships

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BajanBoy13, Apr 23, 2012.

1. BajanBoy13

Why is it that every young gay man I see (18+) wants to get into a serious relationship?

Am I the only one that just wants to go out and have fun? Is this wrong?

2. lilbitlost

No its not wrong! Now go forth and have fun!

Sadly im one of those people who like serious relationships, i always have been. I envy you fun loving folk though! I wish i could stop analysing realtionship pros and cons of various individuals and just have a damn giggle!

Seriously go and have fun!

3. julia

Well you should want to have fun when you're 14 :slight_smile: No need to start looking for a serious relationship just yet! Go and have fun!

4. Phoenix91

Well you are very young right now so it would be understandable why you just want to go out and have some fun. But i think you will meet those who are only into serious relationships and those who are the one night stands kinda guys. I guess before hand you have to make sure whoever your gonna hang out with is not looking for anything serious just like you. That way everybody is happy :slight_smile:

5. Pain

Pain Guest

It probably is an age thing... Everyone younger than me (who I have dealt with) is too afraid to commit to anything serious and they just want to "have fun." The way I'll have fun with someone I like is to be with them and just have fun, but maintaining a serious relationship.

6. BajanBoy13

Yeah that's true but I know for a fact I don't want to really have a proper relationship until I'm in my 20s when I'm more mature.My Uni years will be all partying :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: (yeah I'm really planned like that)

7. GayJay

Yeah i think you shouldn't really think about anything serious at this age. Just get out there and meet some guys and see what happens.
    Planned out your uni years already your organised, i should try that one:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. BajanBoy13

Hhaha yeah I'm SUPER organised

9. RemyLeBeau

RemyLeBeau Guest

WAIT, you can't have fun in a serious relationship?! Then what have I been doing for the past 4 months?

10. needshelp

well, everybody's different. there was some advice an older head told me and some other people. he said to not get into serious relationships when you're young because you're wasting your time. use our time to embrace ourselves when we have the time to because in his case, he was in his mid 30s and he wasted his teens and 20s being in serious relationships. i agree with him and after seriously thinking things over this morning, i most definitely don't need to be looking for a relationship, flings or whatever. i deleted my online dating accounts. with the exception of not having that career job that i need after being out of college for a year, i'm in a good space right now.

#10 needshelp, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  11. Colton

Well, if they're looking for a committed relationship, it just means they've grown up and are serious. They're not going to go around and just "have fun" and act like a whore, and expect to have a serious relationship by doing that.

12. Pain

Pain Guest

This! ^ :eusa_clap:thumbsup::icon_bigg

13. sanguine

that maybe true for people well into their 30's and 40's but not for people around our age, i know a guy who said he was in a committed relationship when he was 16 then realised it wasnt what he wanted, hes 23 now and he doesnt understand how you can stick to having sex with one person.

its different for everyone, i myself wanted a committed relationship at your age Bajan, now, not so much, id rather go out and have fun, make some long term friends and building on relationships, having a romantic relationship isnt high up in the priorities as it use to be.

14. Colton

That just proved my point.

15. King

King Guest

By "have fun" I assume you mean, like... Sleep with people? Since you're asking why people want to be in serious relationships instead of "having fun".
    Well personally, I'm one of those (almost) 18+ who just wants a committed relationship. I mean, I'm not looking for my husband, but I want stability, and someone I can trust and love. I'd be having fun if it was with the right guy.

16. BajanBoy13

I mean that and just party aswell .

17. King

King Guest

Well you can still party if you're in a relationship :] You just can't like... Party and make out with hot boys! You're only 14, I'd hope you aren't looking for commitment. Have fun while you still can :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. BajanBoy13

Hah thanks ill try :slight_smile:

19. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can still party if you're in a relationship, though. Just as hard as if you weren't in a relationship... you just can't take anyone home :wink: But if you're in a good relationship, your really don't even want to.

beat me to it!