1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Single forever!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nathaniel, Apr 24, 2012.

1. nathaniel

nathaniel Guest

Okay so, I have been single for quite some time now, and idk if there are any gay/bi guys at my school >.< There is a GSA club but there's like no guys in it except like 1. Annnddd... I don't know what to do because I do want to date a little at least in high school. And I feel like there are no options for me. Any advise or something? lol I'm doing a bad job at wording this. :icon_redf:rolle:

2. Drakey

*sigh* I'm pretty much in the same boat. I have really low self esteem as well so I can't really stand being alone because I feel ugly and unlovable and it just seems like it's true since absolutely no gay guy gives me a second glance.
    Try joining your school's Gay Straight Alliance club! If they don't have one, start one! Plenty of gay people will come to those meetings once they know they have a safe place to talk. The only reason I haven't joined the one at my school is because my ex runs it :/

3. julia

Well you are still very young, you have plenty, plenty of time to date. I've only had one serious relationship and I'm 20..and it was with a guy. You'll find someone when you least expect it :slight_smile: Also, I'm sure in high school there will be a bigger LGBTQ club, it was at my school.

4. nathaniel

nathaniel Guest

lol oh I am in high school, and I'm in a GSA club, the only guy thats in there is bi and he has a bf ha and Drakey EXACTLY the same and I had one relationship with a guy that lasted 2 weeks and his parents forced us apart because they found out that he was gay and he's parents went all religious on him :confused: I think i have bad luck sometimes...

5. BudderMC

Two thoughts:

1) You're 13. You have no shortage of time to date.
    2) Don't get into a relationship just for the sake of being in a relationship. It seems that they often work out better when you aren't hunting for one anyway. Be comfortable with being single and your confidence will attract others.

6. Colton

This exactly.

7. Well, at your age I wasn't dating anyone either. Just be yourself, don't worry about your love life too much, and something good is bound to come up :slight_smile:

8. Zach93

Zach93 Guest

Hmm. I feel yeah Nathaniel. I haven't dated anyone in a while either but seeing as you're only 13 which puts you in your freshman year of high school the one thing I can is chill. I didn't date my freshman year either. My whole 8th grade and 9th grade years I never dated and those were the years I was really out to everyone. I was looking forward to dating people those years but it never happened. But don't give up! My sophomore year everything took a sudden turn for the better, and it was during the time I wasn't really thinking of dating to much, I was just trying to enjoy life. And during this time I had my first boyfriend and then my first serious relationship. Give it time, you are still young. You shouldn't be worrying about relationships so much at your age. Worry about having a fun and meaningful childhood. Give it a purpose, don't waste it away worrying over something that can easily be taken care of when you are an adult. Trust me when I say this Nathaniel, don't waste your time with it! I did, and I regret it. My childhood basically has no meaning to it. I filled it with pointless and meaningless stuff to where I want to go back and change so much. Don't do the same thing. Relax and have fun!! Hangout with your friends. Go to the movies. Visit family members, go on vacation trips, deal with school and grades, and all that other fun stuff you get to do as a kid because it doesn't last long. You may be a freshman right now but trust me, your life in high school is going to flash by you in the blink of an eye, you don't realize it yet but it will. I didn't expect it to, I thought my parents where pulling my leg but I'm now coming to the last 5 weeks of my senior year in high school. I look back all the time and ask where the time has gone and then I remember all the fun I have had with my friends, the sports I've played, the places I've been and seen. And thats what means the most to me. yeah I've gotten to date to along the way but they weren't my main goal nor my main worry. Honestly yes I hate being single and do wish I was in a relationship I wont lie, but I'm not going to boggle myself down with worrying about it and neither should you. Pick your head up, keep it up and enjoy life. Do things that you enjoy doing and along the way at some point in time, not soon but later in time, someone is likely to cross your path that will most likely be the person you end up with for a very long time. :slight_smile: sorry rant off on you but it's true.

Now as for you Drakey..... >:| .... Shut up! and fix that damn low self-esteem, by what I can see you are very good looking, in fact hella cute and I would def. date you if I was in your area! Screw your ex! If you want to be apart of your GSA then go be apart of it. If he try's to start shit, stand your ground like a man! But hey if you decide not to that's cool to but don't put yourself down. Like BudderMC said, let your confidence show and you'll attract others to you. Go out and be yourself! Let yourself shine in something you enjoy doing and someone will fall into everything. Give it time, but don't rush it.

Sorry o.0 didn't realize how much I typed till I posted it! xD Sorry for the how long it is. :slight_smile:

9. Drakey

actually I think this is just what I needed to hear. thank you!^^

10. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I guess it's time for me to link to this video again. It sums up my thoughts on the topic well. (caution: slightly NSFW language)

[youtube]qMFpZRDYha4[/youtube]

11. Drakey

well that really changed my perspective on things..

12. BajanBoy13

Why don't u just try being single and free.Have fun,go out and party trust me its way better :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Wish I could get out more..

13. Zach93

Zach93 Guest

Good :slight_smile: I'm glad I could have helped. Its never being down and I hate it even more to see others all depressed. (*hug*)