1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Single Guy's story

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by juliensaurusrex, Apr 25, 2012.

1. juliensaurusrex

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So I don't mean to be so... Cliche but idk. I like advice from people I don't know better than from my friends.

So my name is Julien and I am 17. Still young, I know. But I really want a boyfriend. Bt let's be real. Who doesn't wan a boyfriend? And I feel ugly. The thing about it is, I know im not ugly. But icouldjt get a guy if there were only me and one other gay guy on earth. I try. I've fallen head over heels a few times. But every guy just doesn't like me back. I'd like to think I'm a nice guy, but somehow it just doesn't cut it.

So it has me question: Am I ugly? Am I not worth dating?

I like guys that are like me. Being I my age, all the gay guys I know are really immature. So I look for a guy that I can level with. And I found one. And he's not what I typically go fo as far as looks go. But I don't even care because he's still cute. But on top of his looks, he's smart an open minded and gay of course. He's perfect! He's possibly the sweetest guy I've ver met. And I've been myself around him.

And he doesn't like me back. But I don't se anything wrog. He always tells me what a cutie I am and how nice I am. So unless he was lying, which I doubt (hebwouldntblie to make me feel better about myself), I see no issues. I've liked him for a while now and he makes me really sad when I think about how uebdoesnt want me. I just want to hold him and love him.

What's wrong with me?

2. Luiensz

There is absolutely nothing wrong with you. Trust me I feel the same, I met this guy that I really love but he dosen't love me back, I can totally understand you. And I know is hard not having a boyfriend or someone that loves you back, because we are human beings and we need to be loved by someone else. Just hang in there dude, someone will love you for who you are. Love will come someday and in a place least expected. Just remember to love yourself no matter what. Be strong. <3 :wink:

3. Just Adam

Nothings wrong with you. What you describe is extremely common, we all have insecurities that we wont find anybody or we arent good enough. Your friend can think your cute and a great guy but sadly it doesent always mean they feel any attraction for you.

Attraction is a weird thing that is still highly debated over, some people find it very hard to be attracted to people as there are very specific things they look for in a partner, many of which they might not even be aware of conciously. Others have less demands in a lover such as attraction and love through say the internet or love at first sight instances where contact is minimal but theres a spark.

I always put it down to us being animals and its all about finding the best mate. It can be very tough on people as they can really like someone and want to be with them but they just feel no attraction, this can be a very distressful situation.

You sound like a very nice guy and i know if you stay up beat and just keep being a " cutie " lol you will find the right person. In the mean time we are all here to offer support :slight_smile:

4. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One more vote for: absolutely nothing wrong with you.

Obviously, in situations like these, it's somewhat natural (especially if you're the introspective type) to try to find fault with yourself, but I do think that's going a step too far. I think you're better served by seeing the positive things.

First of all: liking someone is not entirely rational. I know, in my circle of friends, quite a few guys (and even girls) that I consider to be cute, enjoyable to be around, and generally nice people. Maybe, with some, I could theoretically spend a comfortable rest of my life. But.. that little spark isn't quite there. There isn't an "OMG factor" every time they look at me, my heart doesn't jump every time they say hi.
    Luckily it isn't there from their side either, but even if there was, it wouldn't change how I think about them. I'd still think they were cute, nice, and fun to be with, yet without any drive to take it further. And there is no way to create that drive, no matter how awesome they are.

So, in your case: there is nothing wrong with you. And he is sincere when thinking you're awesome, cute, and fun. The spark just didn't manifest, and there's nothing much you can do about it.

But: think about the bright side! You have conclusive proof that someone out there thinks you are a prize catch, even if they aren't fishing. There's bound to be others like him, and with some of them, they might be interested in more. It takes some time to get over this one, but you should use it to get some confidence that with a future one, it will work out!

And that's it with liking people: it's a numbers game. The spark is like a lottery (luckily with a higher odds of winning), and no one wins the jackpot with their first ticket. I can guarantee you that almost no one got their first crush, or even their second, or their tenth. Quite a few couples might be each others' firsts in so many ways, but usually not in terms of being the first people who they were attracted to. They fell a lot, and just got up again and again until it worked out.

The best option is to try getting over a crush as best as possible, and always staying open for a new one, with faith and optimism that eventually it will come to pass. Hard to do, but I assure you that there's nothing whatsoever wrong with you, and that once it does work out you'll quickly forget all that came before.

5. juliensaurusrex

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks for the support and feedback guys!

6. Drakey

well it's quite tough for homosexuals seeing as we are a very small percentage of the world's population. I feel the same way as you, and really think I'm very ugly, but the only thing we can do is remain confident that we can find somebody. I'm a believer in the philosophy that there is someone for everyone! Just keep up hope! :grin: